Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2018, 07:20 PM   #1

New owner

We just purchased a slightly used 2014 36 FK with 14,000 kms (8750 miles). We downsized to a large camper with slide out about 12 years ago for ease of taking our jetboat with us (downsized from a large bumper pull). With the grandkids starting to add up it was time to upsize again. We live in the mountains of northeast British Columbia and almost exclusively Boondock camp. We generally either have our boat or our side by side with us. Decided a motorhome was the way to go and liked the idea of the class C for it's off highway handling as well as not needing an airbrake ticket or a heavy trailer endorsment which is needed here for the large fifth wheels. I found this forum when I began searching and what an excellent resource it has been. I just picked up the motorhome last week and already have completed a couple of the projects I saw on this site....namely reinforcing the fresh water tank and making the one storage compartment a pass through. I reinforced under the tank between the frame and the plastic liner as well as added the plywood underneath. I also cut out a window to view the water level and used one of the aluminum strips removed from the front storage compartment to stop the tank movement. Thanks for the great ideas!
Attached Thumbnails
457CC844-F211-4386-A9E4-0B199C16FE83.jpg   CE82060F-983B-4C92-A90B-8C6B960DAE27.jpg   CB58B980-D31E-44FA-AAFA-F9ACBEDF2C70.jpg   CE7F3A8B-B735-4BBC-8B6A-33C2FEE3D9A9.jpg   2B9440E2-4804-4B2F-B83F-4A9B6B89D0AB.jpg  

Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great info and helpful folks here.

I have made a few mods myself, some say to be careful about searching my posts. Other Seneca owners say I cost them a lot of money! I just finished two projects this weekend, a frameless window in the entry door and air dumps for the rear air bags. Always something to do!

Happy travels!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #3

As another 36FK owner... Welcome!!!

And yes, Robby has contributed to many of us lots of interesting and effective upgrades to our Seneca's.

I like how you contained your Lifetime table... I find that we have stuff that shifts foreward in that compartment and has potential to get tangled with the slide hardware that goes in / out. Now you gave me a new idea!!!!
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Welcome to the forum! Lots of great info and helpful folks here.

I have made a few mods myself, some say to be careful about searching my posts. Other Seneca owners say I cost them a lot of money! I just finished two projects this weekend, a frameless window in the entry door and air dumps for the rear air bags. Always something to do!

Happy travels!
I've already read many of your posts as well as seen many of your upgrades. You are an inspiration lol.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:33 AM   #5

Congratulations and welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote