Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2019, 10:45 AM   #1

New Owner, small questions... :)

Hello,

Just said hello in the welcome mat section and look forward to being an active member here... We have a 2019 Greyhawk 30X and have a couple of very small issues that I'm not sure is worth driving all the way back to the dealer to deal with so wanted to ask the community.

1. Noticed that one of the screens for one of the windows that opens will not stay popped into the frame. The clip on the screen frame looks okay but the aluminum is torn a bit around it so the clip won't stay in. We don't plan on opening the windows much so we're not sure if it's worth complaining about?

2. The drain stop to the bathroom sink has one of the plastic tabs partially broken and we didn't catch that until we were cleaning the coach after we got home, again is it worth caring? It has no affect on the sinks ability to hold water.

Still learning and reading and all of that fun stuff... Ordered LED bulbs to replace the few in the coach that come as halogen or whatever. Love the sewer hose storage in the rear bumper but the RhinoFlex we bought doesn't fit with the attachments on the ends so if anyone has any ideas there short of taking them on/off every time...

Thanks!!!
Jeff
jeffro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro01 View Post
Hello,

Just said hello in the welcome mat section and look forward to being an active member here... We have a 2019 Greyhawk 30X and have a couple of very small issues that I'm not sure is worth driving all the way back to the dealer to deal with so wanted to ask the community.

1. Noticed that one of the screens for one of the windows that opens will not stay popped into the frame. The clip on the screen frame looks okay but the aluminum is torn a bit around it so the clip won't stay in. We don't plan on opening the windows much so we're not sure if it's worth complaining about?

2. The drain stop to the bathroom sink has one of the plastic tabs partially broken and we didn't catch that until we were cleaning the coach after we got home, again is it worth caring? It has no affect on the sinks ability to hold water.

Still learning and reading and all of that fun stuff... Ordered LED bulbs to replace the few in the coach that come as halogen or whatever. Love the sewer hose storage in the rear bumper but the RhinoFlex we bought doesn't fit with the attachments on the ends so if anyone has any ideas there short of taking them on/off every time...

Thanks!!!
Jeff
I have a black tank tote that holds all my attachments, a box of latex gloves, spare parts and adapters for full hookup sites and my dedicated black tank flush hose. Otherwise like you said, my hose won’t fit in the bumper with the clear 45 degree fitting or other accessories.

As far as small repairs, I try to fix those myself. Anytime you leave your camper at a dealer it’s forever to get it back. Also I think doing little repairs yourself gets you familiar and confident around your trailer. If it’s a big item or something above my skill then sure, take it in. When it’s small parts I need like led puck lights or brackets for a window blind etc, I have the dealer get them for me and I install them.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #3

My Rhinoflex fits. I did have to tap the opening out w/ a hammer to make it a smidge wider. Just a smidge mind you, but everything fits nice now.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #4

I ended up getting a 50-cal plastic ammo box from Princess Auto (Canadian version of Harbor Freight) and used big pipe clamps to attach it to the bumper to keep my black tank stuff in.

My RhinoFLEX hose fits in the bumper with the exception of the "4-in-1 Dump Station Fitting". I keep that (in a zip-lock), along with gloves (in zip-lock) and my blank tank chemical tabs (in a plastic mayonnaise tub) in the ammo box. Keeps everything in one convenient place, out of the trailer.
2009 Jayco 1206 Tent Trailer (sold)
paul_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks!!!
Jeff
Good evening and welcome to the forum, I had the exact same problem with a window screen clip on our 2017 Melbourne, Jayco replaced the entire window, the seal didn't hold in the toilet-- brand new entire unit.Get any item you are not happy with repaired/replaced, a new unit should be prestine. The dealer will order everything that requires replacement and will more than likely complete the work in a few hours while you wait.
Gord60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
My Rhinoflex fits. I did have to tap the opening out w/ a hammer to make it a smidge wider. Just a smidge mind you, but everything fits nice now.
I found if I got the ends to be turned just right it fit like a glove with no additional modifications. The elbow is the only part that won't fit naturally but I've got that covered separately with gloves and all of that fun stuff...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-05-2019, 09:32 AM   #7

Quote:
I found if I got the ends to be turned just right it fit like a glove with no additional modifications. The elbow is the only part that won't fit naturally but I've got that covered separately with gloves and all of that fun stuff...

Thanks,
Jeff
Yeah those “wings” on the corners have to be lined up with the square corners of the bumper. I want to tell myself an engineer made this like that and it wasn’t a lucky accident!
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #8

We're taking it out on it's first trip this weekend and then will make a list of the things that need to be addressed and will call our dealer next week to get them addressed. I think that makes the most sense rather than call for each thing individually.

Jeff
Old 06-07-2019, 09:50 PM   #9

On our first trip this weekend, love this coach by the way... Okay our toilet water pressure on city water with a regulator is wayyy too high as it spits a bit of water out the front. Anything I can do to correct that by chance?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-07-2019, 10:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Okay our toilet water pressure on city water with a regulator is wayyy too high as it spits a bit of water out the front. Anything I can do to correct that by chance?

2019 Greyhawk 30X here (2018 Ford E450 chassis). Same issue, a small spritz of fresh water escapes the bowl when you step on the toilet flusher. Don't find it too bothersome. A workaround: maybe try running the bathroom sink before flushing the toilet to relieve some pressure in the cold water line?
ljh684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:37 AM   #11

Quote:
On our first trip this weekend, love this coach by the way... Okay our toilet water pressure on city water with a regulator is wayyy too high as it spits a bit of water out the front. Anything I can do to correct that by chance?

Thanks,
Jeff
Do you have a pressure regulator hooked up? You can buy a set value one, which is cheapest, or you can get an adjustable one, more expensive.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:40 AM   #12

Also- I keep just the hose in the bumper. All of the attachments and a hose for the black tank flush go into an orange bucket that came from Home Depot and all of my potable water hoses and devices go into a blue from Lowe's. These get stored in the biggest compartment will the lids on. I keep gloves and hand sanitizer in there as well.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:02 AM   #13

We bought our RV last year, and I went thru this forum for lots of good ideas to make life easier. I stole one gent’s idea where he bought a 5” PVC post sleeve (Lowe’s has them) and end caps, and hung that under the back near the holding tanks. If you then take a piece of PVC gutter and take off the side lips it slides in and out perfectly (attach wooden dowel at end for handle). Your hose lays in there perfectly.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #14

For the toilet issue we quickly figured out that just slamming our foot down was the wrong process, if we start slow then push all the way down we have zero water issues and the toilet works as it's supposed to...

Learning a lot on our first weekend trip with this coach.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 06-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #15

New owner. Small questions

Welcome. We are also new Jayco owners with 2019 Greyhawk 29MV. People here have assisted us with our many questions (thanks).
We also have little things that are not worth the trip back to dealer so we are keeping a list and will take RV in late fall to address some of them. Main issue is inverter does not work, don't think we will ever need it but we want it to work, other issue is emergency exit window will not stay closed so is tied shut. I'm sure a few others will pop up as we have fixed many simple things already.
Enjoy
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchesrv View Post
Welcome. We are also new Jayco owners with 2019 Greyhawk 29MV. People here have assisted us with our many questions (thanks).
We also have little things that are not worth the trip back to dealer so we are keeping a list and will take RV in late fall to address some of them. Main issue is inverter does not work, don't think we will ever need it but we want it to work, other issue is emergency exit window will not stay closed so is tied shut. I'm sure a few others will pop up as we have fixed many simple things already.
Enjoy
When you say the inverter doesn’t work, are you referring to the tv while in motion? That’s by design, but can easily be defeated.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:46 AM   #17
75H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchesrv View Post
Welcome. We are also new Jayco owners with 2019 Greyhawk 29MV.....Main issue is inverter does not work....
Patchesrv, since you said you're new to the 29MV, not sure if you're expecting inverter to power everything? Check the televisions to see if they have power.
75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #18

Quote:

Thanks,
Jeff
We fill our tank when we arrive, if it isn't already 2/3 or more. Then we get good pressure using our in house water pump and with the levers set to Normal (3, 5), *not* using the city water setting. That way you know, even with a faucet pressure regulator, you will be getting the correct water pressure.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #19

Nope does not work at all. When I called Jayco they said it might need to be turned on and told us where and what to do. Nope still does not work. It's not a big issue as all it runs are 2 TVs, but I'm not giving it up because we will have to pay for our keyless entry system (after they fix the door)
Patchesrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:27 PM   #20
75H

Here's a pix of the way I generally hook up. We carry a couple pressure regulators but the other one is brass and I hate attaching metal connectors to the MH in case they get bumped. The adjustable 90-degree plastic connector is from Home Depot. You might also consider adding reflective safey strips to the front & rear of the slideouts as pictured.

BTW....just saw a tip on Getaway Couple (YouTube) and never thought about it, but will now: Put a spray bottle with bleach in your fresh water hose kit. Before connecting, run the water a bit and spray the hose bib. Ya just never know when the last person using that site held the end of their sewer hose up to the bib to rinse it out!
Attached Thumbnails
20190616_175421.jpg  
75H is offline   Reply With Quote