Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2022, 03:27 PM   #1

New power system install questions

I’m installing a Victron multi-plus along with a solar array and new lith batteries.

I have some questions.

1. Do I just connect the panel line coming out of the transfer switch that handles shore power and generator transfer to the new multi-plus?

2. Can someone explain the magnum dim csw1020 inverter set up and the TS-15 transfer switch for that. The 2 Transfer switch lines are marked:

Output - Connect to AC load only
Input - Connect to source such as utility power.

They both go back into the loom so I’m not sure what they are connected to. I will be deleting this I just want to know what the deal is with this transfer switch and it’s wiring.

3. The converter/charger I assume is going up to the battery someplace but unsure where.

4. I could use an explanation and a diagram for the chassis battery/house battery connections and charging and jumpstart functionality. I don’t have a good handle on the connections at the house battery.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
3CFB9DD5-77C4-457D-AB60-B2EA8DAC41FF.jpg   1F47C250-DA71-4EE8-97E5-6A798AB0D77E.jpg   EE3EC65A-E060-48F6-BF2D-D7B2CE92C450.jpg   6229717E-2D69-424A-AD46-9785105E6343.jpg  
Kennybarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:25 AM   #2

Yikes, what a rat nest of wiring. At least it appears most all of the important wiring is nicely labeled.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:15 AM   #3

I am familiar with this project. The multiplus goes in after the transfer switch then the main electric goes from it to the distribution box. The current inverter circuit should be connected directly so that the bedside plugs (originally connected to the old inverter) get main power. You'll see the connection for the batteries on the multiplus that take the current cables going to the PD charger. You can choose to run the air conditioner and/or microwave on a separate circuit in the multiplus so that it won't run through the inverter by accident. The multiplus I have is rated for a 30 amp setup with a 3000 watt inverter. If you want to see new schematics go to explorist.life (a site I like) and you'll find new setups. As to your current schematics - you can get them through Jayco. I did. There's more to this project and I'll soon do a summary of mine.
Old 04-10-2022, 04:45 PM   #4

Kennybarr,

that rats nest looks just like mine! what model of jayco do you have?
flat towing 2005 nissan frontier 4x4, 6 speed.
fenderworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 04:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderworks View Post
Kennybarr,

that rats nest looks just like mine! what model of jayco do you have?
Its a 2018 GP 31FSP. Cleaned it up and figured all of the wiring out. 600Ah/1200W PV system up and running nicely.
Kennybarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 03:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennybarr View Post
4. I could use an explanation and a diagram for the chassis battery/house battery connections and charging and jumpstart functionality. I don’t have a good handle on the connections at the house battery.

How did this go for you? I've been wondering the same thing. I found the battery isolation solenoid in mine (under the passenger seat in the later Melbourne years) and traced the main wiring, but there is an automotive relay attached to the side with lots of small gauge signal wires branching out that I haven't figured out yet. Wondering if you made it any further in your investigation? Thanks!