Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2019, 04:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by markasteele View Post
Guys, I'm a brand new RV owners, literally and figuratively. I just bought a Jayco Redhawk SE 27N. I'm about to take it on our maiden voyage. But I'm trying to get it set up to go and the manual is NO help at all. Any idea where I can get help on setting this up for the first time?

Example.. Says to SANITIZE this unit when purchased new, which mine is. but doesn't say how to do it. Which one of these is the FRESH water inlet?

Thx in advance.
Not sure if you got the info you asked for. You can see a copy of your owner's manual by following this link.......
https://www.jayco.com/files/download...lor%20RevA.pdf

The information for your "wet bay" is on page 102 (Utility center).

The pic you inserted here, indicates that your system is set to "normal"..note that the first control is in position 3 and second one is in position 5. Thus the system is set to normal. To sanitize the first control would be set in the 2 position and the second one in position 4.

Normal is the setting to use when not connected to an external water supply. This uses fresh water from your fresh water holding tank and the on-board water pump to move water through the RV.

If you are connected to an external water supply (hose to a water outlet), you would set the controls to the "city water" position. Which would be first control in position 2 and the second one in position 5. This does not use water from your on-board holding tank so the water pump does not need to be on.

For reference: Left control dial pointing LEFT=position 1; Left control dial pointing UP=position 2; LEFT dial pointing Right=position 3........Right dial pointing LEFT=position 4; Right dial pointing UP=position 5; Right dial pointing RIGHT=position 6.
Av8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:52 AM   #22

When packing up and heading home, do you always drain your hot water heater? Talking about a TT not MH.
Thanks, Mike
mikegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:59 AM   #23

New RV owner

Did your dealer not do a delivery walkthrough with you? I would hook up and pay them a visit with ALL your questions. They should have labeled this for you. Then make checklists for every step of your camping experiences. It’s too easy to forget something, such as not securing the antenna, etc. even pilots with 10,000 hours use checklist. They work
Cheekjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:06 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegray View Post
When packing up and heading home, do you always drain your hot water heater? Talking about a TT not MH.
Thanks, Mike
We never drain our hot water heater unless we are winterizing or the rig will set for over a month. We go out at least once a month so the rig pretty much stays in use.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:10 AM   #25

Entegra/Jayco 24B Water Valve Alignment

I created this explanation of the water valve alignments to help me remember when I was a newbie. I laminated it on a card and put it beside the water valves. After a year of camping you wont need it. Basically, City = water supplied by a hose, and everything else is using the onboard pump. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: doc RV Water Valves Explained.doc (29.0 KB, 23 views)
michael707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:10 PM   #26

[IMG]C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Tom\Jayco Greyhawk\water heater valves.jpg[/IMG]
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 09:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael707 View Post
I created this explanation of the water valve alignments to help me remember when I was a newbie. I laminated it on a card and put it beside the water valves. After a year of camping you wont need it. Basically, City = water supplied by a hose, and everything else is using the onboard pump. Hope this helps.

That's a great document!!!