Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #1

New Seneca Feedback?

Hi all, first post here as I am really close to pulling the trigger on a new seneca TS. Deposit is down and deal is close to done. I was reading reviews last night and looking at all of the BBB info on Jayco and got a little gun shy after reading some online frustrations being vented.

I thought this would be a good place to ask for some honest feedback from owners of the same product I am getting ready to purchase. I hope the question as my first post isn't offensive; I'm just really looking for some real world experience from owners.

As a boat owner I am fully prepared for maintenance items and staying on top of systems, etc... But some of the things I've seen, like leaking slides, are causing some hesitation.

So the question is, would you purchase again or have the issues been big enough to make you change your mind?
RiskyBizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #2

Unfortunately the RV industry is like the auto industry of the 1970's where quality control wasn't the best. I knew getting the new Seneca would require some "fine tuning" of certain items, however; for the cost of a Seneca I didn't expect all the issues that were overlooked by both the factory and the selling dealer.

The rig drives outstanding, could not be happier with the chassis. I know that the coach will be great once all the issues are sorted out. My last coach by Fleetwood had its' own issues so I'm not sure if any manufacture has 100% satisfaction or not.

Buy from a good dealer that you get along with as you may be spending more time getting to know him than you want
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that the dealer I'm buying from is nowhere near me. Maybe I need to reconsider this. I was buying from him because he had the floorplan, color etc that I was looking for at a great price.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #4

LOL, same with me... I drove 900 miles round trip however; both Jayco and the selling dealer are working out details with me for repairs.
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #5

We have had a Greyhawk for 3 years some minor things burned out bulbs, faulty circuit breaker, few screws loose but nothing along the line of some of the long stories you see from time to time. It moves, you hit bumps, preventive maintenance is the key. We visited 5 manufacturers just to see. Put a deposit on a 2015 Seneca two weeks ago. We are buying again.
greyhawk885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #6

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the reply
Old 05-14-2014, 05:52 AM   #7

I also bought a 2014 TS last August. So far I have lost a circuit board for the Big Foot system , a microwave [ which is under a recall now] a battery solenoid, problem with TV antenna not rotating, and a couple of compartment latches. BUT, I would still buy another one. Chuck
ci4mynewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:54 AM   #8

Thanks for the feed back. We are going to look at a dynamax this weekend to see if it's worth the extra money.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #9

Drove the dx3. Not any quieter in my opinion, finishes are definitely top notch, wiring is very organized and pinned. Quality vehicle but for me I think the value is more in the seneca. I'm sure support and resale would be better with the dx3 but I can't justify the additional $40k. It wasn't a Chevy to Mercedes kind do difference in performance and handling.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #10

Re: Dynamax.... we purchased a new 2010 340XL and it was the most expensive MH we had ever purchased and by far the worst MH experience we have had out of the 6 MH we have purchased over the last 30+ years... We had significant issues with it on every single trip we took. The workmanship on it was very poor... Had to return it to the factory 6 times! Dynamax makes a beautiful coach, but in my experience it's only skin deep. Hopefully now that Forest River owns them their quality has improved. We are in the process of purchasing a 2015 Seneca. I'm really hoping to have a much better experience with Jayco.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:06 PM   #11

I would also add that having owned a Dynamax, in my opinion Jayco has made some really good design decisions.... The first is moving over to the Freightliner chassis. It is an amazing chassis. I think using straight walls is a good design decision. The curved walls of the Dynamax look very classy, but they add significant cost as well as reduce interior space. While I'm not a big fan of the looks of cab-over caps, it does adds a queen sized bed. I think Jayco has done a nice job of making it look as attractive as it can be... I think Jayco has some really nice floor plans and lastly, I think including king-sized beds is another very good decision!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:27 PM   #12

Welcome to the forum, Grandpa.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:59 PM   #13

I think that every RV Manufacturer has QC issues, from pushing them out the door too fast. The difference between a Jayco and the rest is that with Jayco, you get two years of warranty to work everything out on their dime.

We discovered that the folks at the Jayco factory service center are second to none... great people who bend over backwards to make sure that you're satisfied!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
We discovered that the folks at the Jayco factory service center are second to none... great people who bend over backwards to make sure that you're satisfied!
At times even out of warranty.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:56 PM   #15

Very true Grumpy, they do go the extra mile!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #16

We purchased a Seneca 37TS just a few months ago. Have used it twice, first just a two Neighter, second time a full week. So far our biggest issue is when someone washed it they must have used a dirty/gritty brush. Paint has fine swirl marks, scratches in it. Dealer is going to buff it out for us and fix a few minor things we have found. Loving it though and would buy again. It is the best we have gad yet both it how it drives and quality of the product. We have gad travel trailers, smaller class c and a small class a, this seneca beats them all. As with car manufactors or anything else, nothing is perfect and will have a few issues and or recalls. Just the nature of the beast.
2JayBirds is offline   Reply With Quote