Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2019, 11:20 AM   #41

rear roof ladder

We have a 2019 Seneca awaiting completion due 2/27/2019. I talked to several sales people and service department about the rear ladder. I was told by all of them that Jayco does not include the ladder and the camper is not stressed structurally to install one. I contacted Jayco and got this reply to my question:

"The rear cap is braced for a rear ladder and can be installed by the dealership. I can give you the part number for reference."

I will get the part number and include it in the next post. I'm not sure why this was so hard to get a direct and accurate answer.
mcdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #42

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Sales people their job is to sell with or without good information.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
We have a 2019 Seneca awaiting completion due 2/27/2019. I talked to several sales people and service department about the rear ladder. I was told by all of them that Jayco does not include the ladder and the camper is not stressed structurally to install one. I contacted Jayco and got this reply to my question:

"The rear cap is braced for a rear ladder and can be installed by the dealership. I can give you the part number for reference."

I will get the part number and include it in the next post. I'm not sure why this was so hard to get a direct and accurate answer.
From an owner that has one... It is well worth the money to have one installed by the dealer. It's not used all that often, but when it is used - it is almost always a critical urgency to get up there and address something - when you don't have time to go and set up a portable ladder to get up on the roof.

The only downside I have with the ladder, is making REAL TIGHT Turns where our trailer clearance is not known.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:49 PM   #44

I have a 2017 37TS so I am wondering, since I need to get on my roof, when I get it out of storage, I assume you lean the ladder on the rear cap but what do you use to cushion the ladder so not to mar the fiberglass?
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:56 PM   #45

I wrap the rails with towels and duck tape them on. Works well but I would rather have a mounted ladder.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:23 PM   #46

We have a 2018 on the new S2 It has a ladder. The guy we bought it from didnt say anything about adding it but I guess he did.. It looks like a regular ol factory RV ladder.
jtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:53 PM   #47

I have a 2017 that came without a ladder. I put one on and wish I didn't. The middle mounting area has no support behind it it's just fiberglass. The bottom has plywood that's just big enough to accept the screws. Cost of the ladder was just over $100.00 shipping was $130.00. I will be taking mine off shortly.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:22 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma/opa View Post
I have a 2017 37TS so I am wondering, since I need to get on my roof, when I get it out of storage, I assume you lean the ladder on the rear cap but what do you use to cushion the ladder so not to mar the fiberglass?
I used a pool noodle strapped around the ladder with a bunjee cord. It works great!!
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:20 AM   #49
MD3

Does anyone carry an extension or collapsible ladder ?

Since I do not have a mounted ladder I've been thinking about trying to find a collapsible ladder.

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD3 View Post
Does anyone carry an extension or collapsible ladder ?

Since I do not have a mounted ladder I've been thinking about trying to find a collapsible ladder.

_
Although my Seneca did come with a ladder I find I wanted another ladder to use around my unit. I bought one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Xtend-Climb-7...scoping+ladder

I carry it in one of my opened-up transverse "over the frame rails" compartments, a place newer units have from the factory. I still pad the ends when I lean it up against my unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Telescoping ladder.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:21 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7h View Post
My 2016 has the antenna but the TV does not have a digital tuner so it is not much use except for satellite
I have a 16 as well...do you not have Furion TV's? They do have digital tuners built into them. Note that you do have to power on the antenna. Not sure where it is on the HJ, but I assume it would be close to the DVD player. Its a little button on a wall plate where the coax goes into.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:10 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
I have a 16 as well...do you not have Furion TV's? They do have digital tuners built into them. Note that you do have to power on the antenna. Not sure where it is on the HJ, but I assume it would be close to the DVD player. Its a little button on a wall plate where the coax goes into.
No we had the Seiki brand for all 3 of our TVs - nice enough if you don’t have high standards - we now have a Samsung and it is a major improvement - a sound bar may be in our future Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #53

We have 2019 Seneca 37K. Came with digital Antenna. Are you sure you don't have one? Ours is in the ceiling above the kitchen.
RTVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTVing View Post
We have 2019 Seneca 37K. Came with digital Antenna. Are you sure you don't have one? Ours is in the ceiling above the kitchen.

Our 2018.5 also came with one. You can see it in my signature pic

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:22 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7h View Post
No we had the Seiki brand for all 3 of our TVs - nice enough if you don’t have high standards - we now have a Samsung and it is a major improvement - a sound bar may be in our future Les
Replaced my original 32" bunk TV with a 40" Samsung smart TV, later added the Samsung sound bar with wireless subwoofer. Sound bar connected to TV via a digital optical cable. Unit has Bluetooth input also so I can stream music from my phone to it. Remarkable improvement in my sound quality!
Attached Thumbnails
20170811_143348.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:42 AM   #56

All TV's have been digital since the early 2000's. No digital antenna is needed.
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #57

2019 Seneca...it has a Winegard over the air (OTA) antenna and works with any local broadcasts. The tv has to be equipped with a tuner or a seperate tuner must be used. Our Seneca does NOT have a ladder. I called Jayco and they said the coach is stressed to mount and after multiple calls and emails the Seneca arrived at the dealer minus the ladder. I had the factory ship to the dealer and they refused to mount it because rear was not stressed for it. After many "discussions" I finally gave up. We still have no ladder. Anyone have one installed after purchase? Installled it themsevles? Have a manufacturer name? I tried to get an idependant repair place to install one and they will not accept the responsibility!! Me climbing an unattached ladder is more dangerous. Last Jayco for us...they were horrible and so was the dealer.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #58

Quote:
2019 Seneca...it has a Winegard over the air (OTA) antenna and works with any local broadcasts. The tv has to be equipped with a tuner or a seperate tuner must be used. Our Seneca does NOT have a ladder. I called Jayco and they said the coach is stressed to mount and after multiple calls and emails the Seneca arrived at the dealer minus the ladder. I had the factory ship to the dealer and they refused to mount it because rear was not stressed for it. After many "discussions" I finally gave up. We still have no ladder. Anyone have one installed after purchase? Installled it themsevles? Have a manufacturer name? I tried to get an idependant repair place to install one and they will not accept the responsibility!! Me climbing an unattached ladder is more dangerous. Last Jayco for us...they were horrible and so was the dealer.
I looked at a few different Super C coaches from different manufacturers and quite a few of them do not have ladders or the option to order a ladder. Personally I rather use a telescoping ladder at an angle rather that the narrow straight up ladder attached to the back of a coach.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:29 PM   #59

The problem with tele,extension and straight ladders is I am 70 with bad knees and cannot make the transition from the leaning ladder to a curved roof. Attached
rear ladders have the arched handles that make it easier for me to get on and off and it seems much safer to me. Maybe after i get my knees replaced ill be able to do more but i still veiw the attached ladder as safer.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:36 PM   #60

Quote:
The problem with tele,extension and straight ladders is I am 70 with bad knees and cannot make the transition from the leaning ladder to a curved roof. Attached
rear ladders have the arched handles that make it easier for me to get on and off and it seems much safer to me. Maybe after i get my knees replaced ill be able to do more but i still veiw the attached ladder as safer.
Even with good knees... and my 20' Werner Extension ladder... I choose to use the ladder on the back of our Seneca.

I thought that it could be a good idea to remove the ladder so that we can have a tight turning radius with the trailer. To reduce the risk of the trailer hitting the ladder on the back of the Seneca. After trying to get on the roof with the extension ladder once... but I could not get off the roof with the extension ladder. I used the Seneca ladder to get down - said to myself over and over that was a stupid experiment - wile putting the extension ladder away.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote