Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2019, 08:41 PM   #61

I agree that the ladder mounted on the back would be best but since it doesn't have one I place the ladder on the side between the two slides. Having the slides extended the ladder is "locked"between both slides. Makes me feel much better climbing up with something next to me as I go up.

I also have a good set of scaffolding that I use for waxing and snow removal as it is much safer than using a ladder.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:28 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Although my Seneca did come with a ladder I find I wanted another ladder to use around my unit. I bought one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Xtend-Climb-7...scoping+ladder

I carry it in one of my opened-up transverse "over the frame rails" compartments, a place newer units have from the factory. I still pad the ends when I lean it up against my unit.
That is a pretty neat little item, never seen that design before. Be pretty handy to get the saw to a limb or string your party lights besides getting on the camper. I see similar models can be had for under $100 online.
1973-1977 HT-2 "R" Division
2007 Work and Play 18 LT (retired)
Rednight55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:02 PM   #63

I have only had to use my fold up ladder I carry once when a slide topper broke and wouldn’t retract. If I have to do something outside I just park next to the deck and pull the railing and step right on...pretty handy for washing the roof. If it’s in the shop, I have scaffolding or a 14’ step ladder. I do like not having a rear ladder when it comes to washing, hate washing around a ladder.
Attached Thumbnails
D4C21B2E-79B9-468E-869C-2139A82039B9.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:45 AM   #64

As I said before I mounted a ladder on my 2017. I've used it a number of time this summer because of a Winegard problem that's not resolved. I've noticed that the second set of mounts from the top , are pulling a way from the camper, the screws are holding it's just the mount bending. I was told there is support for the mounts but there nothing for the ones up about 7 feet from the ground. Take your hand and push in on the panel in this area if it moves it's just fiberglass.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote