Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-04-2014, 10:54 PM   #11

Omg and all this time I thought it was me being a very non tech person. I hate this crappy radio, has a mind of its own. Most non user friendly thing I have ever had. I don't even bother with it on trips, my iPod works, just listen to my music on it.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #12

I would plug in my cell phone and listen to that through the radio, but it is the principle of the thing. I made $$$$$$ for a 2015 that said it could receive satellite radio. Jayco put in a radio that uses a part so obsolete that the part manufacturer doesn't even have any re-manufactured units and a $30 tuner (price when they sold them 2 years ago) is now $380 on e-bay with no guarantee that it works. This is a Jayco/Clarion issue that I expect to be worked out by them. There have been other issues, such as the radio volume going up and down randomly as we were listening to a CD on our last trip. Then the AM/FM radio only picks up one station and that has lots of static when I'm 20 miles from a major city. When I drive the RV home I'm even closer to the city and I get nothing but static. This radio is just a lemon.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex
jvteach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #13

update 11-17-2014

I went and picked up my RV from CW on Saturday. The radio has not been fixed, but I was told that a new radio has been ordered, but won't be at CW until 11/30. I asked if it was the same radio I have now, and thus would still have the tuner satellite radio issue and was told that they didn't know what was being sent by Jayco. Since they didn't know, I'm assuming I'll get the same radio again and be back to square 1 regarding the obsolete tuner.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Old 01-08-2015, 10:23 AM   #14

Update #2

After 3 delays in the shipment of our new radio from Jayco, we finally have it at CW waiting to be installed. It is the same model radio that came out of my RV, which means the obsolete tuner for the satellite radio is still an issue.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Old 01-30-2015, 09:09 AM   #15

final update

CW finally received the replacement radio from Jayco and it has been installed. I can receive all radio stations that I could in my other vehicles now. The satelite still needs a tuner, since it is the same model radio as I had before. Jayco said they had some of the tuners, but I'd have to have CW order one for me and price it. They wouldn't even hint at the price. When CW checked for me they told me that for the tuner, antenna, and antenna mount Jayco wanted about $1200.

When I called Jayco customer support I was first told to go to ebay to buy the tuner. I made sure to clarify the situation to the person on the phone. I told her "So what you are saying is that to make the satellite radio work on my new 2015 Greyhawk is that I need to order a used part for about $300 from ebay with no guarantee that it works because the part is so obsolete that it isn't manufactured or sold by SiriusXM anymore. Is that what your telling me?" The person put me on hold and came back and said they had ones to sell but CW would have to price it for me, which I obviously didn't buy.

All in all, I'm still glad I bought an RV, but this has been a real downer having to deal with something like this.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Old 01-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #16

option

What I once did with a replacement stereo in a truck I had, just had dealer give me the new stereo and I sold it. Those things are spendy. I then bought and installed what I wanted.
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #17
WDW

I just looking on amazon the other day and found the tuner and antenna for around $50. That fits our clarion radio. Don't know if that helps. I'm also frustrated with this issue. It seems like the little things are harder than major issues....

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote