Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #1

New to RVing and Jayco

My wife and I just took delivery of our 2012 Greyhawk 31DS. We did an over nighter in the Dealer lot Saturday night, but no one was available Sunday to see how it went. Everything went as best as could be expected. We operated everything that we could. The only issue that we found was a possible leak on the drain line fitting on the fresh water tank. I am not sure if that was risidual from when the dealer flushed the tank or if it is an actual leak. The way it looks, the fitting may actually be damaged from the guard being crushed in from the rear tire spring. We plan on taking it out over the 4th for a week and give it a good shakedown and completing the list of items we find. Its an hour drive to the dealer and really dont want to keep going back and forth. Would rather it all be done at on time. I have found some useful information from all of you on these forums but still have a couple of questions that hopefully some of you can answer.

1. Where is the water purification system located? I swear I have looked in every nook and crany and every accessable compartment and still cant find it. I have the filter and the wrench but cant find where its hiding.

2. I haven't had the chance to look, but does anyone know if the wire for the TV in the front outlet is purple as stated in other posts?

Thanks

Troy M

Troy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #2

Did you look under the kitchen sink? That is where mine was supposed to go but it was such a pita to install/change I don't use it. I use a whole house filter inline with the supply hose.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #3

I looked under there. Saw the pipes from the hot water heater and thought those were it until I traced it out with the flash light. If it is under there somewhere, I'm thinking your idea is a better option. My hands dont work well in tight cramped places like they used to. Thanks Grumpy.
Troy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #4

ON my 31FS it is located in the left cabinet under the sink all the way in the back. I would not discount that it could have not been installed. It is a rather large filter, so it should jump out at you. I too have not installed the filter and use a external filter on the water inlet outside..

That wire has been explained to me as being pink. I have not removed the panel yet, but when I do I will post a picture.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, Troy.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #6

Welcome to JOF! Hope you solve the current issues you're having.

1985 'J' Series 2050
1997 Ram 1500
2004 Jeep WranglerX
Camping and Wheeling...it's what I do!
LilWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy M View Post

2. I haven't had the chance to look, but does anyone know if the wire for the TV in the front outlet is purple as stated in other posts?

Thanks

Troy M
Missed this question.

It has been purple on all previous years. That doesn't mead that they haven't changed their wiring colors.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
Site Team

There should be a short section of hose pipe that by passes the filter when it is not installed. Also on mine there is a white bracket mounted near by where the filter goes to store the the filter when it is not installed. Still don't understand that?

Mine is under the sink, so nothing would be filtered except the kitchen sink water. We don't use it and opted to a whole house filter on the input to the rig.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #9

On my GrayHawk the filter is located behind the set of cabinets next to the stove. To gain access, you have to pull out all the drawers. My filter only filter the water to the sink. I replace this at least once a year sometime twice. I also use a filter at the outside inlet. This way the hard water sediment doesn't build up in the tank. You never know what's coming through the rv parks water system.
DtMaurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #10

When I took delivery of my 2012 31DS they said the filter was in the rear storage compartment, to the left in the offset area which, I assume, accommodates the water inlet control. You have to remove the panel to access. Very convenient!

BakeG33 is offline   Reply With Quote