Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #1

New to RVing and Jayco

My wife and I just took delivery of our 2012 Greyhawk 31DS. We did an over nighter in the Dealer lot Saturday night, but no one was available Sunday to see how it went. Everything went as best as could be expected. We operated everything that we could. The only issue that we found was a possible leak on the drain line fitting on the fresh water tank. I am not sure if that was risidual from when the dealer flushed the tank or if it is an actual leak. The way it looks, the fitting may actually be damaged from the guard being crushed in from the rear tire spring. We plan on taking it out over the 4th for a week and give it a good shakedown and completing the list of items we find. Its an hour drive to the dealer and really dont want to keep going back and forth. Would rather it all be done at on time. I have found some useful information from all of you on these forums but still have a couple of questions that hopefully some of you can answer.

1. Where is the water purification system located? I swear I have looked in every nook and crany and every accessable compartment and still cant find it. I have the filter and the wrench but cant find where its hiding.

2. I haven't had the chance to look, but does anyone know if the wire for the TV in the front outlet is purple as stated in other posts?

Thanks

Troy M
Troy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #2

Did you look under the kitchen sink? That is where mine was supposed to go but it was such a pita to install/change I don't use it. I use a whole house filter inline with the supply hose.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #3

I looked under there. Saw the pipes from the hot water heater and thought those were it until I traced it out with the flash light. If it is under there somewhere, I'm thinking your idea is a better option. My hands dont work well in tight cramped places like they used to. Thanks Grumpy.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #4

ON my 31FS it is located in the left cabinet under the sink all the way in the back. I would not discount that it could have not been installed. It is a rather large filter, so it should jump out at you. I too have not installed the filter and use a external filter on the water inlet outside..

That wire has been explained to me as being pink. I have not removed the panel yet, but when I do I will post a picture.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, Troy.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #6

Welcome to JOF! Hope you solve the current issues you're having.

1985 'J' Series 2050
1997 Ram 1500
2004 Jeep WranglerX
Camping and Wheeling...it's what I do!
LilWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy M View Post

2. I haven't had the chance to look, but does anyone know if the wire for the TV in the front outlet is purple as stated in other posts?

Thanks

Troy M
Missed this question.

It has been purple on all previous years. That doesn't mead that they haven't changed their wiring colors.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
Site Team

There should be a short section of hose pipe that by passes the filter when it is not installed. Also on mine there is a white bracket mounted near by where the filter goes to store the the filter when it is not installed. Still don't understand that?

Mine is under the sink, so nothing would be filtered except the kitchen sink water. We don't use it and opted to a whole house filter on the input to the rig.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #9

On my GrayHawk the filter is located behind the set of cabinets next to the stove. To gain access, you have to pull out all the drawers. My filter only filter the water to the sink. I replace this at least once a year sometime twice. I also use a filter at the outside inlet. This way the hard water sediment doesn't build up in the tank. You never know what's coming through the rv parks water system.
DtMaurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #10

When I took delivery of my 2012 31DS they said the filter was in the rear storage compartment, to the left in the offset area which, I assume, accommodates the water inlet control. You have to remove the panel to access. Very convenient!
BakeG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #11

On our 2011, the wire coming from the relay on back of the front TV outlet is red. But this wire is connected to the purple wire as mentioned. I had to pull the wire out of the cabinet just a bit to see that it is purple. I then sniped it and put a wire nut on each end. I then zip tied them to secure. Good to go!

i
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #12

I removed the filter under the sink (alway seems to be leaking) and use a good filter outside on the inlet hose so all the water in the mh is filtered. Change every 6 months although it calls for every year.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #13

On my Melbourne 29D, it's under the sink in the galley. There is a U-shaped section of plastic pipe; the blue section comes out with hand fittings and the filter replaces it. On mine I could never get it to stop dripping when connected to city water. I just took it out and wrapped the joints with Rescue Tape hoping to fix the leak for good.

Bob in Houston
Travlr45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #14

here's a pic of the purple and red wire into the tv outlet... just disconnect it and it won't turn off the outlet with the motor on. on mine, it was clamped on with vampire wire clamps. i just popped open the clamp, remove the purple wire and taped the purple wire off. i can restore to factory settings if ever necessary very fast.

hayaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #15

Thanks for the replies. For the Filter, I gave up looking and just put in a dual filter combo mounted on the inside storage where all the water valves are. I havent gotten around to the purple wire yet. I was planing to do that when I was changing my light fixtures out for LED's but then hurrican Issac came up and I had to move the RV to storage. Hoping to get it out again next week and take it out for a couple of days. Maybe while preping or clean up from this next trip I will be able to tackel the purple wire.

The dealer did repair the fresh water tank leak we had. They had it for over a month while waiting on parts. Turns out the fresh water tank was never bolted in place and the drain fitting in the bottom of the tank was cross threaded.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #16

Troy,
I have a 2012 FK, I located the filter directly behind the water hookup in the storage area. The box around the plumbing back there is carpeted so the access panel is camouflaged pretty well. You need to remove 6 screws and the entire back of the enclosure comes off. You'll find the water pump and the filter housing in there.