Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2019, 06:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyOIB View Post
I own a 2018 Winnebago Minni Winnie and wish I had bought a Jayco instead....
Oh that's sad.
Winnie's had a reputation for Quality.

Oh well.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
The quicker you come to deal with the fact what you and I bought is junk and the dealer will only add frustration and delay to your use of the junk, and the fact you can fix the stuff as easily as the minimum wage RV "tech" with no training to fix anything, the quicker you are to enjoy your new and improved junk!
We had issues with our hot water heater not working on electric but worked with propane. It was a simple fix by replacing the little epoxy covered circuit board But we still have ongoing electrical nightmare and a Garmin Infotainment nightmare.
And yes, J is for Junk! If I could do it again I wouldn't buy Jayco and there is a high probability you may see our 2018 Jayco Junk for sale in a year or two. The constant problems is causing way too much stress on my wife.
Imazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #23

I'm wondering if this could be a heat related problem. The display starts out good when it is cool and the display goes fuzzy as it gets warmer. I'm not familiar with this particular hardware, but know that other displays can have cooling issues that manifest with the same behavior.
rowemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #24

Good thing it's not major problems. Try your luck and ask for a appointment when you can wait there while they're taking care of it.
I'm basically a "know nothing" but with your issues give me a cold beer, a hour and a prayer and I could "probably" take care of it.
Point being: the small stuff if you can't take care of it yourself maybe there will be a handy neighbor or a relative to give you a hand.
It shouldn't be this way...........but it is sadly.
Don't forget this forum has so many diversified talented people. I doubt you could ever post a problem that someone would not have the correct answer to it.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:31 PM   #25

So true about the diverse amount of people on this form with knowledge.

I had an automotive instructor, (Andy), when I was in my early 20’s, he trained the entire Northeast for Firestone. They looked to him as if he was a mechanical genius, he was so very Bright, (especially in the 80s with all the American car issues). He said something that stuck with me my whole life, “I may not know everything but I sure know where to look it up and who to call to find out”.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:54 PM   #26

Side Cameras

I also had the same issue with the side cameras. I called Jayco and they were quick to create a work order and sent new cameras and had them replaced. Went to pick-up the RV and my passenger mirror was off location and really was of no use. Left the RV there while they ordered a new mirror and replaced it and everything appears to be good. I only had about 420 miles when this happened.
ohiojca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:36 PM   #27

2018 33 rsts squeaking kitchen floor

When we walk on the kitchen and dining room floor it squeaks loud. Has anyone else experienced this problem and how did you deal with it? Thank You
tjweaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:18 PM   #28

2019 Greyhawk 30X, delivered end of August 2018. About 9 or 10 weekend trips so far. Controller board in the propane/electric hot water heater was DOA. Replaced by dealer under warranty. Soundstream touch screen completely failed (not the multiple-touch issue fixed by a firmware update). Radio head unit replaced by dealer under warranty. The hot water heater "fuse" inside the external panel cover needs to be re-seated every so often otherwise the heater refuses to fire. Don't use the side mirror cameras that much, started driving RVs over 20 years ago before such things existed. Also, as others pointed out, the latency of the side mirror view coming onto the screen to replace the radio screen, and visibility with sunglasses makes them not very useful. The backup camera is nice.
ljh684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #29

My tank heater came off last weekend as well. Used duct tape to keep it in place until I got home. Bought some Flex Seal Tape to use. This stuff is really sticky and should hold better than any glue the factory uses.
wjadams07 is offline   Reply With Quote