Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2019, 06:56 PM   #1

New to the Forum and Having Issues with My Jayco

I am new to this forum.....

I have a 2019 Greyhawk 26Y with 3000 miles on it. We have owned it for 9 months and it hs been at the dealer for 4 of those 9 months.

Issues with the side mirror cameras, the propane/electric water heater and the tank heaters.

The side mirror cameras have given us the most issues. Cameras fog over, not moisture, but the dash display clouds over when you put the turn signal on.

We have been through 6 to 8 sets of cameras and when the dealer contacted JCO home office, they pulled RVs off the line and did the same thing.

Has anyone experienced this and is this a sign of things to come for my coach. This is our retirement vehicle and really did not want to start out this way.

The dealer has been through 3 tank heaters, they won't stick on the tank and when we were bringing it in this evening for the water heater that doest work, my wife was following me and called and told me the tank heater was dragging the road.

Would like to hear of anyone experienced these issues and what was the fix.

Thanks,

77Bronc

77Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to JOF. Sorry for all the issues you are having. We have many members who hopefully can share their experiences and solutions to problems.

Glad you found us.

2017 GMC Terrain (future TOAD)

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:40 PM   #3

So far I haven’t had these issues. As I’m taking the coach to Florida next week I’m hoping I don’t discover I do ! We shook the rig down over Columbus Day weekend - all systems worked fine.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:08 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum and hopefully you'll get your problems resolved soon.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:42 PM   #5

I don't think you are alone with the tank heaters.. Crawling under my new rig, I noticed something wadded up into a ball and zip tied to the frame, that was the tank heater for the fresh water tank. The others are starting to fall off as well.

I don't rely on the dealer to fix anything. I have a list of things wrong, I just work through them and fix them myself. Yes, it would be cool if I could bring it in and the dealer fix stuff, but that's not how it works in RV land.

The quicker you come to deal with the fact what you and I bought is junk and the dealer will only add frustration and delay to your use of the junk, and the fact you can fix the stuff as easily as the minimum wage RV "tech" with no training to fix anything, the quicker you are to enjoy your new and improved junk!

Welcome to Jayco and RV industry as a whole!
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #6

I have a 2018 Greyhawk 31DS, and I also have an issue with one of my sideview cameras having a clouded display (which is not moisture). I have pretty much just learned to live with it. Luckily, no other major issues with the rig. If it were me, I would hound your dealer to fix your issues in a timely manner.
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #7

The mirror cameras are a novelty and don't really add any real value. With the mirrors adjusted right, I can just look and see what's next to me vs. click on the turn signal, wait 3 seconds for the display to switch, take off my sunglasses and bend my neck down to the display to look for a car.

I have to admit, it's a good idea, but real world, not much of a value add.
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
The mirror cameras are a novelty and don't really add any real value. With the mirrors adjusted right, I can just look and see what's next to me vs. click on the turn signal, wait 3 seconds for the display to switch, take off my sunglasses and bend my neck down to the display to look for a car.

I have to admit, it's a good idea, but real world, not much of a value add.
I agree with bababooey. I use mirrors, not cameras and find the turn signal cam all but useless on my 2016. The contrast on the screen is lousy and washes out with any sunlight at all. I do use the rear cam for backing and watching my toad, but for driving, I use the mirrors which on the Ford chassis are quite good.

As for problems, my first year of ownership was a full legal size pad of complaints, my second year half a page, then third year 4 or 5 items, now 2 so far for this year and so far, those were easy resolutions, so hopefully your experience will improve over time.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:28 AM   #9

i have a 2015 grey hawk , and had multiple issues with it, but have most fixed by now.
The jensen radio / cd/dvs/camera display was the worse form of technolgy.
It was changed out to a jvr9000 and am much happier.
the right camera works sometimes , but the mirrors are my go to.
greyhawktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #10

I have a 2017 Grayhawk 31DS and use my mirrors also. So far very few problems, we use it at least twice a month for 3day weekend camping. What dealership are you dealing with, we are from the Slidell area ( Oak Harbor ).

Ljnasa is offline   Reply With Quote