Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #61

Thank you Butch for that info and suggestion.
I have removed the side legs for the valance in preparation for the install. I’m hoping to be able to cut them down and reuse them again.
Thanks again and safe travels. Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 04:56 PM   #62

On my 2019 MV all I had to do was remove old and set new recpro recliners in place and screw down through carpet into top of slide base. I did move electric box and it was easier for me to unplug wires and slide them through base of recpro recliners. Didn't have to change valences or anything. Little front bumpers on base of recpro just barely stay on slide base. When reclining top of recliners do brush valences. Just didn't think it was enough to worry about.
Bill
Demco Base Plate
Demco Commander Tow Bar
billjmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #63

Thanks Bill. This is all good information for when our recliners arrive.
Safe travels, Jimmyd
Old 03-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjmck View Post
On my 2019 MV all I had to do was remove old and set new recpro recliners in place and screw down through carpet into top of slide base. I did move electric box and it was easier for me to unplug wires and slide them through base of recpro recliners. Didn't have to change valences or anything. Little front bumpers on base of recpro just barely stay on slide base. When reclining top of recliners do brush valences. Just didn't think it was enough to worry about.
Bill
Bill, were you able to get under the recliner to fasten the rear frame as well as the front? I just tried getting under there while the set is in my garage and it seems very tight. Is there a trick that i need to know.
I’m only 165 lbs but at 70years of age it’s tight under there. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Jimmyd
Old 03-07-2019, 07:43 AM   #65

Jimmy,
Leave the backs off and recline as you would with them on. With the footrest up it should leave room to get under the front. I just used decking screws and washers through frame. (slotted holes) That also left rear holes easy access.
Bill
Demco Base Plate
Demco Commander Tow Bar
Old 03-07-2019, 07:45 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjmck View Post
Jimmy,
Leave the backs off and recline as you would with them on. With the footrest up it should leave room to get under the front. I just used decking screws and washers through frame. (slotted holes) That also left rear holes easy access.
Bill

X2
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:54 AM   #67

Thanks so much Bill. I’m going to try that before the plywood route.
I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Jimmyd
Old 03-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #68

You're welcome. Good luck.
Demco Base Plate
Demco Commander Tow Bar
Old 03-09-2019, 05:13 AM   #69

Recliner is installed

Thank you all for your help. I had to go the plywood base route because apparently the platform in the 2016 Greyhawk 29MV was only 33” deep. Not enough to rest the recliner on. You need a minimum of 35”
I will include some photos. I have a quick trip this weekend but next week I will remove the base and carpet it so it blends in with our coach colors.
Next week we get our second AC installed. Should solve many issues going forward.
Attached Thumbnails
A4D8D2F1-2E4C-4E12-BAC4-AB2020F06353.jpg   AA215AB8-64AE-431C-84FE-BFC91E607838.jpg   D7ED676F-9D73-41F6-99ED-243F6DCFB449.jpg  
Old 03-09-2019, 08:22 AM   #70

Looks good Jimmy. You will thoroughly enjoy the 2nd A/C also. It is a necessity in any coach over 26’ and in any temp over 90 degrees. I converted my GreyHawk and what a blessing - no misspent money here !!
Old 03-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #71

Thanks George I spent all day yesterday installing it and this am I decided that it was too tall so I redid it. Took out the plywood and moved the wiring to the wall and re installed the recliner flat on the carpet base.
After re reading everyone’s post concerning installs I took another look at it and realized it could hang over the base. Much better now.
I agree also on the AC’s. They shouldn’t build a 31’ coach with only one AC. Last summer the interior got over 90 one day and we were lucky that the RV Park had other spaces under trees.
Our previous Diesel Pushers had 3 AC’s and once in Mesa, Az in June that was barely enough. 😎
Take care and thanks for all the help.
Jimmyd
Old 03-09-2019, 02:07 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
Thanks George I spent all day yesterday installing it and this am I decided that it was too tall so I redid it. Took out the plywood and moved the wiring to the wall and re installed the recliner flat on the carpet base.

After re reading everyone’s post concerning installs I took another look at it and realized it could hang over the base. Much better now.

I agree also on the AC’s. They shouldn’t build a 31’ coach with only one AC. Last summer the interior got over 90 one day and we were lucky that the RV Park had other spaces under trees.

Our previous Diesel Pushers had 3 AC’s and once in Mesa, Az in June that was barely enough. [emoji41]

Take care and thanks for all the help.

Jimmyd

Jimmy, X2 on the lounge base and the A/C units. The recliners are nice and quite comfortable .... enjoy !!
Old 04-15-2019, 09:16 PM   #73

I would like to remove the sides of the valances above where the sofa was on my 29mv. I see where the top and bottom are attached to the wall. Are the sides attached to the top valance? I had a tough time installing the new recliner base which resulted in this from GF "I wish we had paid to have it installed!" so I don't want the same thing to happen when I remove the side valances
dleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:37 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleong View Post
I would like to remove the sides of the valances above where the sofa was on my 29mv. I see where the top and bottom are attached to the wall. Are the sides attached to the top valance? I had a tough time installing the new recliner base which resulted in this from GF "I wish we had paid to have it installed!" so I don't want the same thing to happen when I remove the side valances
The valances are stapled into the top valance. If you remove the lower screws on the side valances you can then use a screw driver to wedge between the top and pry them apart. The staples go through the sides into the top valance.
I removed the entire assembly and had a heck of a time reinstalling it.
Hope this helps guide you. Jimmyd
Old 04-16-2019, 03:52 PM   #75

Thanks, Jimmyd. It worked! Took just a few mins--instead of a few hours!
Old 04-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleong View Post
Thanks, Jimmyd. It worked! Took just a few mins--instead of a few hours!
Your quite welcome. Glad to help. We are stopped for the night In Vicksburg, Ms. Heading to California. Hoping this coach performs as well as our Diesel Pushers did crossing the country.
Enjoy you new recliner, we do. Jimmyd
Old 10-31-2019, 04:54 AM   #77

Just came from Lazy Boy and ordered the recliners. Did anyone have trouble reaching the power buttons on the sides of the recliners to adjust the recliners. It looks really tight and I’m worried I won’t be able to reach the buttons. Thanks!
P.S. did u hard wire them to the box or run an extension cord to an outlet
unzinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 12:30 PM   #78

Did you happen to have 2 wires underneath your jackknife when you removed it?
Mike T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 08:06 AM   #79

Yes there were. They just move with the slide. I may have disconnected them and re-connected during project, but I don't recall
Old 04-02-2023, 10:44 AM   #80
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike T. View Post
Did you happen to have 2 wires underneath your jackknife when you removed it?

Look at post #69 in this thread.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote