Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #11

Good question! Will find out next week when we pick up our 29D.
It's my question(s) also; what do we need to do to have A/C and other electrical service while underway? If I read the post right, you have all power if the genset is running while driving. I assume that the refer is running off prophane (but also been told that "all" prophane should be turned off when underway. Genset will use 1/2-1 gallon of gas an hour. If genset is "not" running don't know what you will have. I've seen post that you may have lights and maybe TV (powered off the converter).

Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #12

Over the course of almost 4 years with our 29D, we have never run the generator while traveling down the road--no need to. The dash AC cools the unit sufficiently (as does the heater) while driving, and if water is needed, use the battery operated pump. We typically run the refrigerator on propane while traveling, but it will stay cool if turned completely off for the 6 hours or so of daily driving. Also, we turn the hot water heater on first thing each morning, and the water will stay hot for several hours. If we need to charge cell phone or computer with AC while driving, we plug into the surround sound outlet which works off the inverter (I added a power strip to the surround sound outlet, as it is the only inverter powered outlet from the factory.) As I stated in another post, I added a receptacle on the side of the bed for my CPAP for dry camping, but we have used it with the inverter to cook with the crock pot while going down the road. Bottomline is we've never needed the generator while driving.

Flytyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #13

Thanks....... great input. We are really looking forward to getting our 29D and hitting the road. Any more advice would be great!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #14

Also looking to picking up a sewer kit for the new 29D. Understand the one supplied is not very good. What have you experienced as far as a kit, storage area, etc?
Old 06-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #15

Can you tell what size sheets are need on the coach sofa in the 29D.