Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2021, 01:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2048b View Post
Yes i did and its a wild one for me, under the dash with the fuse plug there is a pretty big crimp end of a hodge podge of wires (yellows, purple, brown, and orange) that go into the crimp, my buddy who is an electrician poked the end of his reader into that bundle of crimped wires and found out i had a constant hot wire within that bundle....clipped the bundle, grounded his reader and shot each wire, well just so happends that there ended up being 2 hots going into that bundle, twisted them all back together, and removed each hot until the fuses quit blowing, so low and behold i no longer have the emergency start push button working but the cameras and hydraulic levelers have all worked flawlessly since...

if u ask jayco they can send u the wiring schematic, i have it, and it shows which color and what wire is supposed to go where, but doesnt make sense for mine because where the push button is supposed to be wired, if i put it there crap stops working...
Interesting, one side note about that emergency start button, I put connecting terminals on the 3 wires so I could move that plastic kick panel out of the way, I accidentally left it unplugged recently and found that it disabled my onboard charger’s ability for the alternator to charge the battery. It somehow disrupts that loop if not connected and I only found this cause my battery was dying.
rbarbot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarbot2 View Post
Interesting, one side note about that emergency start button, I put connecting terminals on the 3 wires so I could move that plastic kick panel out of the way, I accidentally left it unplugged recently and found that it disabled my onboard charger’s ability for the alternator to charge the battery. It somehow disrupts that loop if not connected and I only found this cause my battery was dying.
Thats odd, thus far and even during the winter mine bever dies but i also have 2 6 volts and 2 solar panels... So could have played into it?
J2048b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:33 PM   #23

Camera and leveling jacks both quit

Trapper 2020:
I had exactly the same two problems with my 2021 Greyhawk. Your instructions were perefect. Mine was a 10 amp blade type fuse in a red plastic/rubber fuse holder. I pulled off the plastic trim piece under the steering wheel and the black plastic piece under it and replaced the fuse. Both the camera and the jacks work correctly again.
Thank you so much.
mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 10:31 AM   #24

Gentlemen/Ladies, Since this thread has encompassed fuses, I have a request. Recently purchased a 2021 Greyhawk 29MV (am the second owner). Have yet to purchase a "set" of fuses. I have done some shopping but have not pulled the wallet trigger yet. Would some of you have any recommendations regarding the brand and type of fuse "set(s)" to purchase? Your experience, expertise and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Repsectfully,
DriverNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 07:56 PM   #25

Here is a link to the assortments that I carry from Harbor freight:
https://www.harborfreight.com/standa...ece-63310.html
https://www.harborfreight.com/60-pie...set-67664.html

They pretty much cove everything that you could need.
mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:13 PM   #26

Fuse Set

Thanks, Chief.
I appreciate it

Respectfully,
Newt
DriverNewt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera power, power jack