Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2020, 09:10 AM   #1

No Power to Backup Camera and Leveling Jacks

We have a 2019 Greyhawk 29MV. Started on our mini 4 day getaway Thursday and noticed the cameras not working for backup and turning. When we setup at our spot the Lippert levelers had no power.

I'm assuming the issue with the cameras is also no power. All the breakers and fuses found on the control panels under the bed checked out fine. Everything else in the rig seems to be working fine.

The only change to the rig since our last outing is our catalytic converter was hacked off and we had to replace it. I was thinking maybe a wire (or two) may have been cut. So I crawled under the rig with a flashlight and found nothing out of order around the cat. But not having a layout of the electrical system, or even the knowledge to read it, I didn't know what or where to look.

Any insights what I can check before I as for expensive professional help?

Thanks for any insights!
- 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29mv
billgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 01:29 PM   #2

On the 2019, the radio has a fuse behind the house battery. There are two fuses there...check both. Best to side out the battery tray and crawl under to see/check the fuses.
Good luck
Snapchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 03:39 PM   #3

Had same issue and it was 5 amp fuse located behind plastic cover panel below steering wheel. Panel pulls off easy just pull down towards feet. This exposes all the wires and there are a lot behind panel look for and test fuses you find in the mess of wires. It is five amps. This fuse controls both backup cameras and jacks. Good luck.
I know this because tech in Billings Montana showed it to me when I brought it in for warranty fix. Prior to this I had crawled under rig and tested all fuses. None were out.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper2020 View Post
Had same issue and it was 5 amp fuse located behind plastic cover panel below steering wheel. Panel pulls off easy just pull down towards feet. This exposes all the wires and there are a lot behind panel look for and test fuses you find in the mess of wires. It is five amps. This fuse controls both backup cameras and jacks. Good luck.
I know this because tech in Billings Montana showed it to me when I brought it in for warranty fix. Prior to this I had crawled under rig and tested all fuses. None were out.

Enjoy the journey
Thanks Trapper!! This sounds real promising. I JUST dropped the RV off at our indoor storage. I'll check it out tomorrow!
Do you know the size of the fuse... mini or ??
Old 07-19-2020, 06:08 AM   #5

Bill geo
I think it was a large old style fuse but bring both to be sure. For sure it was 5 amp.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Bill geo
I think it was a large old style fuse but bring both to be sure. For sure it was 5 amp.

Enjoy the journey
After re-reading your initial post I see that the fuse you found most likely was an in-line fuse. Would this be one of the tube like fuses?

I'm heading out to the RV later today to deal with this.

Thanks!!
Old 07-23-2020, 02:04 PM   #7

The Jacks have an inline fuse near the pump under the rig, it is one of those small blade type fuses in a rubber housing. I am not sure if it would also be related to the radio issue
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 02:18 PM   #8

Several members, myself included, have had the ground cable on the LCI pump motor fail. It goes from the pump motor to the frame. Common failure point is at the frame end ring terminal.
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 02:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Bill geo

Enjoy the journey
Found it and it fixed it! What is interesting is the rubber casing had 15 labeled on it so at first I didn't check it as I was looking for a 5amp. After lots of digging I decided to check that one and sure enough it was blown. But it had a 10amp in it.

Thanks Trapper2020!!!
Old 07-27-2020, 03:14 PM   #10

Update:
I sent an inquiry to Jayco about my confusion with the fuse size required for camera and levelers.
Trapper2020 said his was a 5 amp.
In mind, I found a rubber fuse holder marked as a 15 amp but inside was a blown 10 amp.

I just received a response back from Jayco and he, Jon Haines, stated the correct fuse size is 15 amp.

I'll change the 10 amp I put in to a 15.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgeo View Post
Update:
I sent an inquiry to Jayco about my confusion with the fuse size required for camera and levelers.
Trapper2020 said his was a 5 amp.
In mind, I found a rubber fuse holder marked as a 15 amp but inside was a blown 10 amp.

I just received a response back from Jayco and he, Jon Haines, stated the correct fuse size is 15 amp.

I'll change the 10 amp I put in to a 15.
So i have a 2018 29 mv, that 5 amp fuse ive replaced 10 times in my driveway watching it burn out every time, is in fact a 15 am???? Because im loosing my mind here hahah

Also somone said there is a fuse somewhere near the pump for the levelers? Heck ill check it all just to make sure
J2048b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #12

Well the 15 amp fuse blew as well.... Def got an issue somewhere else, ground maybe? Another fuse perhaps? Im at a loss
Old 09-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #13
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2048b View Post
Well the 15 amp fuse blew as well.... Def got an issue somewhere else, ground maybe? Another fuse perhaps? Im at a loss

See my response to the same question you posted in the other thread.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
See my response to the same question you posted in the other thread.
I replied thanks appreciate it spaghetti and all hahaha
Old 04-16-2021, 07:02 AM   #15

J2048b, Did you ever resolve why the fuse keeps blowing? My 2019 30X is doing the same. I have determined that it blows when I release the emergency (parking) brake to drive away. If I release the brake gently, it typically doesn’t blow. I think it may be blowing due to the violent vibration when you pull the brake release lever, but not 100% sure.
rbarbot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:30 AM   #16

That is exactly where the issue is and was for us and many other Jayco Class C owners. I personally do not know how the dealer resolved it but the wiring that was being pinched by the break lever was rerouted in some manner .
Good luck.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:34 AM   #17
CAG

Quote:
That is exactly where the issue is and was for us and many other Jayco Class C owners. I personally do not know how the dealer resolved it but the wiring that was being pinched by the break lever was rerouted in some manner .
Good luck.
Jayco wiring techs have no clue how to wire anything. My problem was the mirror wiring being pinched by the emergency brake and causing the right mirror to malfunction.

This is a common problem with Greyhawks.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Good luck.
Sounds like I’m on the right track, I’ll get in there today with my bag of zip ties to try to decipher the bird’s nest of wires and look for the interference with the brake lever. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:20 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarbot2 View Post
Sounds like I’m on the right track, I’ll get in there today with my bag of zip ties to try to decipher the bird’s nest of wires and look for the interference with the brake lever. Thanks.
Just found the culprit, two wires coming off what appears to be the parking brake release sensor weren’t covered with protection and are pinch and smashed badly, obviously from repeatedly getting crushed. Forums save me from another repair visit, thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails
AACC61B5-6D4B-4369-8C59-6DAF4BF2FAEF.jpg   E38EA010-090F-4C0E-AA54-9D7FFC020467.jpg  
Old 04-16-2021, 11:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarbot2 View Post
J2048b, Did you ever resolve why the fuse keeps blowing? My 2019 30X is doing the same. I have determined that it blows when I release the emergency (parking) brake to drive away. If I release the brake gently, it typically doesn’t blow. I think it may be blowing due to the violent vibration when you pull the brake release lever, but not 100% sure.
Yes i did and its a wild one for me, under the dash with the fuse plug there is a pretty big crimp end of a hodge podge of wires (yellows, purple, brown, and orange) that go into the crimp, my buddy who is an electrician poked the end of his reader into that bundle of crimped wires and found out i had a constant hot wire within that bundle....clipped the bundle, grounded his reader and shot each wire, well just so happends that there ended up being 2 hots going into that bundle, twisted them all back together, and removed each hot until the fuses quit blowing, so low and behold i no longer have the emergency start push button working but the cameras and hydraulic levelers have all worked flawlessly since...

if u ask jayco they can send u the wiring schematic, i have it, and it shows which color and what wire is supposed to go where, but doesnt make sense for mine because where the push button is supposed to be wired, if i put it there crap stops working...

Tags
camera power, power jack