Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2022, 12:59 PM   #41

I always had a sluggish time starting until I started priming for a full 30 seconds or more.
Old 01-08-2022, 01:16 PM   #42

No power to Gen

We have a 4000 Oman on our Melbourne. My husband was cleaning it and without knowing it he hit a switch on the left side by the engine start button. Went camping and guess what no power. Just by luck he found it. Turned it on and it fired right up. He is careful now when he wipes it off now. Hope this helps.
pattyk7joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:22 PM   #43

I installed a battery cutoff switch and took that opportunity to consolidate all the various cables that connected to my house batteries.
Yamaha XT250
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:31 PM   #44

Another idea, after having to replace the carburetor last year, I run the gen 30 minutes under load once a month, and then drain the float bowl after running. AN idea from a mechanic friend.
thubub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:42 PM   #45

Either you dropped a 2nd cable from battery that goes to the GEN, or tripped a 12vdc circuit breaker on cable going to GEN? This BREAKER w/ RESET will be within 18" of battery usually. Follow RED cable from battery TO LOCATE.
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:49 PM   #46

TIP: re: "SLUGGIST" as in CRANKS SLOW, = cranks like starter weak, or cranks like battery low. With (MANY) OHV small engines, (e.g. B&S, Tecumseh, Kohler) the ACR (Automatic Compression Release) is controlled by the EXH Valve Adjustment being too loose, (=valve lash gap too large)= YOU NEED TO ADJUST VALVES TO FIX COMPRESSION RELEASE
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:46 PM   #47

Check for voltage at Generator I have a 2019 Greyhawk and had voltage at generator Got on line for a trouble shooting questions Mine ended up being power board. I replaced that and fixed it Hopefully you'll find a cable or fuse. Good luck hope it goes well for you
tireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:48 AM   #48

Retrace your work is good advice but for some unknown reason possibly the solenoid for the generator went bad. Make sure there is power to solenoid, then use a jumper from + to small wire, solenoid should click. If not it is bad, if it clicks then possibly starter. But make sure there is power to battery side of solenoid before going on a wild goose chase.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:40 AM   #49

He resolved the other day. Positive to gen was connected to neg terminal by accident.
HB Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:38 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Billy View Post
He resolved the other day. Positive to gen was connected to neg terminal by accident.
Why would people read the entire thread

That's sooooo 2020..... Duuuuu
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 05:20 AM   #51

I have had exactly the same probl e m as jalmeyer.gen has always worked. No change to anything. All other functions work. Suddenly no power to gen set. No jdea where to look. No wiring diagram for electrical connection within jayco optimum with cummins petrol gen set
John crosby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, redhawk