Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2017, 06:38 AM   #1

No power to TV's

I have a 2014 FK , I lost power to all 3 inside TV's . The main TV over the fire place has no power with shore power, generator or inverter. The microwave has power with shore power, generator and inverter. The other two inside TV's have no power with shore power or generator. I checked the braker box ( 15 Amp ) and the braker is good , the exiting wire has 120 going out. Does anyone have an idea on where the trouble is with getting power to the TV's.
FDowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #2

Have you checked the second beaker panel for these? In the bedroom on the wall under the closet. there are three breakers in this panel - they are for the Microwave and the TV's (a second set because of the Inverter)
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #3

Oh... and Welcome to the JOF forum.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:38 PM   #4

Thank you for the welcome.
I checked the fuse panel and the breaker panel that are located under the closet. Is there another panel besides these 2 ?
Old 11-27-2017, 10:55 PM   #5

could they be on GFCI outlets?
Old 11-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDowe View Post
Thank you for the welcome.
I checked the fuse panel and the breaker panel that are located under the closet. Is there another panel besides these 2 ?
On our 2015 36FK - we have a combination fuse and breaker panel on the lower section of the bedroom wall under the closet. There is an additional breaker panel that has three breakers (20/15/20) that comes from the Inverter and protects the TV's and Microwave.
Attached Thumbnails
20171117_104318.jpg   20171128_092419.jpg  

Old 11-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #7

I've never had the occasion to look, is there a breaker physically at the inverter as well?
Old 11-28-2017, 02:53 PM   #8

There is a circuit breaker on the inverter but not sure what it controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #9

thank you for the pictures, I checked both breaker panels and they seemed fine. I use a volt meter to check the outgoing voltage from the small 3 breaker box. The one that is labeled " TV " has 120 going out. The recepticle for the 3 TV's have no power. I am just baffled.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:01 PM   #10

If I was a betting man, I would bet that you have a tripped GFI. If you MH has a 30 amp power hooked up you'll have one GFI in the bathroom. If 50 amp service, you'll still have a gfi in the bathroom, and possibly a few more.

The microwave, fireplaces in things like that, and air conditioners are are not protected by a GFI outlet.

If all else fails called Jayco with your VIN number and ask for the wiring diagram.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:07 AM   #11

Reset the breaker on the inverter. Been there done that!
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #12

I had a similar problem

I had a very similar problem a week ago. All 3 TV's lost power, but so did my microwave. Everything else was fine. After checking all the GFI outlets, I found that all of these items are routed through my inverter, even when on shore power or generator. I found an extra GFI on my inverter that was tripped, but that didn't fix the issue. I finally discovered that one of the wires running power out of the inverter to the TVs and microwave had loosened enough for the wire to lose its connection. (Thanks to the roads in Canada and Alaska this summer, I suspect.) This wire was on the back side of the inverter and difficult to see without actually seeking it out. Once I tightened that wire back down, my TV's and Microwave are all functioning normally. I'm not talking about the wires going from the inverter to the batteries, but wires that look like normal household wires that would run to an outlet in a house.

Good Luck

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex
jvteach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:29 PM   #13

no circuit

So I took a look at all the outlets this weekend. The outlet in the bedroom had power, ( 120 on the black cable) so did the black cable by the TV over the fireplace. Both would not make a circuit when I connected my meter to the white white but to it did make a circuit to the ground ( bare copper wire). The outlet for the TV over the cab would read 120 when I used the meter but as soon as I plugged something in to the outlet the circuit was gone. The black wire still had power but it seemed there was a circuit breaker that was tripped as soon as there was resistance. It appears the the first 2 TV outlets are hooked up in serial. The receptacle in the bedroom had a wire coming in and out. The receptacle by the living room TV had the wire pass through.
I will check for a reset switch on the Inverter.
Thank you all for suggestions and information.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDowe View Post
So I took a look at all the outlets this weekend. The outlet in the bedroom had power, ( 120 on the black cable) so did the black cable by the TV over the fireplace. Both would not make a circuit when I connected my meter to the white white but to it did make a circuit to the ground ( bare copper wire). The outlet for the TV over the cab would read 120 when I used the meter but as soon as I plugged something in to the outlet the circuit was gone. The black wire still had power but it seemed there was a circuit breaker that was tripped as soon as there was resistance. It appears the the first 2 TV outlets are hooked up in serial. The receptacle in the bedroom had a wire coming in and out. The receptacle by the living room TV had the wire pass through.
I will check for a reset switch on the Inverter.
Thank you all for suggestions and information.
Sounds like you have a bad neutral. Somewhere at the panel where the circuit starts or in one of the receptacles that it passes through you will probably find a white wire that is not connected properly.

Make sure all your power is off, including batteries. Start at the panel (inverter?) and make sure all the white wires are securely fastened to the neutral bar--give them a wiggle. If you don't find the problem there, without a wiring diagram you'll have to try and guess which receptacles the offending circuit passes through--the TV closest to the panel is a good starting point. There will probably be a wire nut, crimp connector, or something else that connects all the white wires in the receptacle boxes together. Give them all a yank and make sure they're secure.

Good luck--you'll find the culprit!
Old 12-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to JOEA Send a message via MSN to JOEA Send a message via Yahoo to JOEA
Check to see what the setting on the inverter is PS2. I had the same issue and after talking with the vendor found that the unit was in a PS5 mode which is not even listed in the manual.
JOEA is offline   Reply With Quote