Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2022, 08:48 PM   #1

No tail lights/marker lights

2022 Odyssey 25R.

Just realized my taillights and (rear) marker lights are out. Brake lights, reverse lights, and turn signals are still working. Too hot and dark out right now to start taking a look.

Any ideas that I can start with once it gets light out in the morning?
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 07:14 AM   #2

I doubt it is a grounding issue, as other lights in the unit work.

I would first check the fuses and relays.

Could be a bad wiring connection between where the coach frame and where Jayco plugged in the frame harness. To find that crawl under the MH.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 07:39 AM   #3

Do your headlights work? The taillights and markers are run threw the headlight switch. I’m not familiar with your rig but I would 1st check to see if you have a headlight fuse. As “ Jagiven “ said then move on to your wiring connections. Best of luck to you!
1984 gmc k1500 4x4 s/w/b. s/b 350,700r4,373 diff,.restored and upgraded( retired - sold). 2022 Chevy Z-71 Trail Boss 4x4 crew cab s/w/b 6.2 gas a/t. 2018 hummingbird Baja 16mrb,Yamaha ef2400ishc inverter.
Happy wife / happy life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 09:27 AM   #4

All the chassis lights work except for the tail lights. Brake lights and reverse lights are working. Front parking lights in the chassis are working. Turn signals and hazards work.

Front marker lights on top of the cabover are not working. Rear marker lights are not working. Rear tail (parking) lights are not working.

I'm getting a good tail light signal to the towing harness. If I can't figure this out in the next hour I'll just use my magnetic tow lights on the bumper for this weekend's trip.
Old 09-03-2022, 09:51 AM   #5

As Jagiven said check the fuses. If I remember correctly, there are two, one for the towing harness and one for the lights on the box itself.
Old 09-03-2022, 10:57 AM   #6

The 2022 Ford manual doesn't specifically call out a taillight or license plate fuse and I checked every thing related to lights and/or upfitter and they all visually check out. I'll test again with a multimeter once I get to a cooler location. No obvious wiring problem underneath the chassis. I tried to remove my rear left taillight assembly to check power but it's too caulked in and I'm on a timeline to get underway.

Thanks and I'll give an update in a few days.
Old 09-30-2022, 02:34 PM   #7

Took it to the dealer for some other warranty issues. Of course the lights worked when I got there. They took a quick look and couldn't find anything loose.

Did 4 hour drive after sunset this week, I could see that the marker lights stayed on the entire drive through my side view mirrors.

This is a very unsatisfactory resolution for me.
Old 09-30-2022, 02:35 PM   #8

Update

Took it to the dealer for some other warranty issues. Of course the lights worked when I got there. They took a quick look and couldn't find anything loose.

Did 4 hour drive after sunset this week, I could see that the marker lights stayed on the entire drive through my side view mirrors.

Old 10-03-2022, 10:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ait109 View Post

The vibration from the trip caused some corroded connection somewhere to wear itself back together, re-making the connection. It will be fine until you park it again for a longish length of time.