Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2020, 05:35 PM   #21

I needed a part quick because I was leaving for Florida in a week. My
dealer didn’t have it so I called Jayco and got them to ship it with 3 day mailing. My dealer said to give them the invoice and I’ll get reimbursed because it’s under warranty. Sorry to hear about the problems your dealers. I am very fortunate to have bought 3 units from my dealer and the service has been great. If they have the parts they give me a date for the service and I’m in and out in a day or two. Very happy with them
Golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Free advice... do the repairs yourself and save lots of time and money.

I think that's the dirty secret of motorhomes that no one shares until you have one and join this kind of a forum.

These things break, a lot.

I think you need (a) to learn to do as much as you can yourself and (b) the name and phone number of a good mobile RV tech for those things you can't.

Up here there's a RV Tech fellow named Tim Martinez who's not only really good, but he's also willing to teach!
Old 02-16-2020, 01:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
I would find another repair facility and talk to Jayco directly. We broke the base of the OEM toilet while in FL. Camping World had a replacement toilet. But they said the rim of the black tank was cracked and had to wait two days before they could find one. Two days later the two days had turned into two months. They said that we could not run on the road with no toilet and the box was too big to go through the door.

We wrapped the new toilet after unboxing it in a blanket and put it in the tub.. all nicely padded with dirty laundry. And flattened the box to cover the floor hole.

And drove three days making use of rest area facilities and campgrounds. Went directly to our local dealer who is independent and not part of any franchise.

Two hours later the toilet was in and they said that there was nothing wrong with the black tank.
This sounds similar to the issue we had with our toilet at Camping world. Our pedal/valve assembly broke on ours and we took it to our local CW where we bought the unit. They said that they would have it repaired and we could pick up our Seneca the next morning - but the next morning we show up to pick up our fixed unit and it wasn't fixed - just all apart with parts everywhere. I finally find out what is going on, and they say they need to order parts to repair the toilet on CW's extended warranty.

I asked, don't you keep that part kit in your service department? (I researched this before I took it in, contemplating fixing it myself - knowing that this CW stocked the repair / rebuild kit in their parts department - it was in-stock).

They told me that they are separate units of CW and they have to order the repair parts - so the unit would have to sit there for the two weeks it would take them to get the parts. I called every other day as two weeks came to pass - no parts have arrived they said...

Months after getting it home, I found a shipping package I think was for the parts - checked the tracking number and find out they had the parts sitting there for two weeks, still making me wonder if all the time they were lying to me.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:40 PM   #24
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I think that's the dirty secret of motorhomes that no one shares until you have one and join this kind of a forum.

These things break, a lot.

I think you need (a) to learn to do as much as you can yourself and (b) the name and phone number of a good mobile RV tech for those things you can't.
I'm going to agree with that. This is my first rig, but I come from a technical equipment career, so when I visited a few dealers before buying this rig, I could see they weren't all that swift.

I made the decision that I would be fixing all the issues myself (and there's been a bunch so far, thanks Thor), so I beat the dealer up really bad on price, to give me a cushion for my own repairs/parts.

If everyone approaches RVing EXPECTING issues, then when they happen, they won't stress you out!
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote