Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2020, 02:50 PM   #1

no timely repair service

Has anyone else experienced a very long wait time for repair service? Our 2018 class c has been at Camping World in Lake City, Florida for 2 months. They claim Jayco has not shipped a fresh water tank that was ordered in the early part of December 2019. We are frustrated with both Jayco and the dealer.
travel sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by travel sister View Post
Has anyone else experienced a very long wait time for repair service? Our 2018 class c has been at Camping World in Lake City, Florida for 2 months. They claim Jayco has not shipped a fresh water tank that was ordered in the early part of December 2019. We are frustrated with both Jayco and the dealer.
JAYCO did install a new computer system so that may be part of the issue. I would advise that you contact JAYCO directly to verify they have the info from the dealer, that has known to be a problem too.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:35 PM   #3
Site Team

Jayco may be waiting for the supplier/manufacturer to make more in your size, and configuration. If they're out-straight busy, it may be upwards of several weeks before they build some, and get it to Jayco, who in turn ship it to the dealer. I'm not sure how many suppliers of tanks they use, but all the tanks on our 2012 were made by Ameri-kart.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:36 PM   #4

Quote:

This should not even take 2 weeks, 2 months is insane. Contact Jayco and have them recommend a mobile repair RV Tech in your area and use them. Jayco have been very helpful in providing me options that are outside their dealer network. Don't let the dealer hold your RV hostage, pick it up and complain directly to Jayco. Good luck, hope you are on the road enjoying it soon!
beachbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:55 AM   #5

The answer is a resounding YES. Unfortunately the RV dealerships take advantage of the fact that we RVers love the RV life style so apparently they feel they basically just need to sell the units and not really worry about the service issue after the sale. After more than four decades and some five different RVs I have never met or seen a dealership or visited a dealership that adequate facilities to service the units in a timely. Because of the RV is usually a large vehicle requiring lots of space dealership need bigger buildings and facilities to service these units. Usually their lots are filled with units for sale and the service building is some tiny dot on the lot staffed by just a few personnel. So you end up getting an appointment for service sometime in the future to bring the RV in and thats not the time they will actually look at it. That may in fact be weeks away before they turn their attention to your problem. Just think if Ford, Chevy, Dodge or any other auto dealership waited for a month or several months before servicing your vehicle they would be out of business very quickly. Perhaps there is an RV dealership some with the 50 states that has fast service that I don't about but I kinda doubt. So Camping world is not alone. My last appointment a year ago I was sheduled 3 months out before told to bring the RV to dealership. It then to nearly 3 weeks to get it back. It seems to me there should be some requirement from the manufacturer such as Jayco or any other that you want to open an authorized dealership to service you should have adequate facilities such as several acres on which to house and service these large units. Most dealerships have some many units on their premises that one wonders how they navigate around the place without scratching or damage to your units. They know we will still buy the units even if we have to wait several months to have it serviced regardless of how much $$ we have paid for the RV. They simply don't care.
xmtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:46 AM   #6

always call jayco, ALWAYS
Old 01-28-2020, 09:01 AM   #7

Our dealer has a standing 5-6 weeks for required necessary parts. I camped for 5 weeks with duct tape on my window until they got the window was installed. Sad..

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:27 AM   #8
CAG

There are volumes in various RV blogs/owner sites about this issue. In most every case it is a dealer who had the unit for months. My suggestion has always been a solution that worked for me with my very first RV (four RV's and 20 years ago). Call the maker and see if you can get permission to take the unit to a repair shop closer and not connected to any dealer. The mom and pop shop's primary goal in life is to get you in and out quickly and have you leave satisfied. It takes me a week at most to get in and it is out in a day unless it is a major item and that might take two days.

Most RV manufacturers will want to authorize the repair directly with the shop, want you to pay for it and reimburse you later. It beats waiting months for repairs.

At this point I would be calling Jayco to see if the part was actually ordered. If it is you probably are not going to be able to move to another repair facility. If it has not been ordered, I would be asking to move, and calling the dealer to let them know their information was not accurate.

There are lists available of feedback on repair shops around the country to help you find a good one.

Oh, and a PS: Many items in your coach/trailer are warrantied by other companies including probably the tanks. Most mom/pop repair shops can do warranty repairs by simply calling the maker of the part (Fridge, microwave, water pump etc).

RV Service Reviews

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:44 AM   #9

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your input. I have had a response from Jayco and it seems the tank will be shipped in a few days. The dealer is still completely indifferent as to whether we ever get our unit fixed.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:48 AM   #10

You said it well.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your input. I have had a response from Jayco and it seems the tank will be shipped in a few days. The dealer is still completely indifferent as to whether we ever get our unit fixed.
Which seems to be a common denominator for JOF members.
Old 01-29-2020, 02:10 PM   #12

Oh man, I had to laugh, not at you but of course, with you. Posted the same issue before with my own local dealer. And to echo someone above, I also called Jayco directly and got approval to go to a local RV repair and resale place that quoted me a week or two for some previous repairs, rather then the two months quoted by my dealer, and that was just to DROP IT OFF!

If you tell Jayco the estimate from your dealer, assuming they would schedule a drop off so far out, they will give permission to go somewhere else. The difference is, the repair place has to get estimates approved by Jayco before they do anything. Then you pay them and send the invoice to Jayco for reimbursement. Took us about month to get a check (after a call or two to inquire). But, we had our Greyhawk back far sooner.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Welcome to the club. You never realized that part of your camping would be at a dealership waiting to have your RV repaired. The only time it’s handy is in the winter and I don’t have to pay storage fees. Mine at the repair shop waiting for a safety recall to be fixed. The reason for the slow service is Jayco parts.
Anazeteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:06 PM   #14

So... your first mistake was taking it to CW, they gave me the 'Jayco won't sent the parts" line also, I called Jayco 2nd level CS and gave them my VIN, they said no parts were on order, and what did I need. (some roofing to repair a crack) I told them, and they shipped it directly to me in 5 days. I picked up the Rv and did the repair myself. CW is the same place that messed up my wiring to the jacks. Never again!
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:23 PM   #15

Sorry in advance... but since we bought our Seneca at a CW, and tried to get service on our Seneca at the exact same said dealer... we came to the conclusion after 4 years.

"Camping World" and "Timely Service" are not generally found in the same sentence unless that same sentence contains other adjectives that are NSFJOF.

On a brighter topic... we have found some exceptional mobile RV service technicians all across the USA. They are often found by contacting the manufacturer and asking about others who can service/repair their products. They usually respond/repair our issue in 2-5 days and do quality work.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 02:28 AM   #16

no timely repair service

Camping World sells RV they don't fix them. My closest dealer was Newport News. They had my TT from Oct. to mid January. Put a new roof on and screwed that one and then a second roof. Second roof was EPDM, so I have no Jayco/Dicor roof warranty. They broke and lost more than they fixed. TT has dents where they hit it with roll around ladders. Sloppy work and they use silicone in places which is not recommended. The year before had grey water tank leak. Asked to have slide topper install while they had it. Took 3 months for that. I may buy another Jayco, it won't be from Camping World. Very unprofessional.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:03 AM   #17

Quote:
The dealer is still completely indifferent as to whether we ever get our unit fixed.

Unfortunately seems to be the Standard Practice for Camping World. I'm not a CW hater, in fact I've never dropped my RV off there.

After reading forums for four years - I doubt I ever will.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:53 AM   #18

WE sat all day at Camping World to have our water pump replaced. When the repair man arrived, he said. Turn the pump on so I can find it. I said, " If I could turn it on, I wouldn't be here.". He wanted to track it down by the sound of it running. If that was possible, I would have replaced it my self, I just could not find it. It turned out to be above and behind the black, gray water drains. Took all day to get him out there and took 1/2 an hour to replace.
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:29 AM   #19

Free advice... do the repairs yourself and save lots of time and money.

RV dealers are getting very rich from the lack of millions of people that can't turn a screwdriver.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.jurnigan View Post
Camping World sells RV they don't fix them. My closest dealer was Newport News. They had my TT from Oct. to mid January. Put a new roof on and screwed that one and then a second roof. Second roof was EPDM, so I have no Jayco/Dicor roof warranty. They broke and lost more than they fixed. TT has dents where they hit it with roll around ladders. Sloppy work and they use silicone in places which is not recommended. The year before had grey water tank leak. Asked to have slide topper install while they had it. Took 3 months for that. I may buy another Jayco, it won't be from Camping World. Very unprofessional.
I would find another repair facility and talk to Jayco directly. We broke the base of the OEM toilet while in FL. Camping World had a replacement toilet. But they said the rim of the black tank was cracked and had to wait two days before they could find one. Two days later the two days had turned into two months. They said that we could not run on the road with no toilet and the box was too big to go through the door.

We wrapped the new toilet after unboxing it in a blanket and put it in the tub.. all nicely padded with dirty laundry. And flattened the box to cover the floor hole.

And drove three days making use of rest area facilities and campgrounds. Went directly to our local dealer who is independent and not part of any franchise.

Two hours later the toilet was in and they said that there was nothing wrong with the black tank.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote