Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2015, 08:02 AM   #1

noisey fan question

We have a 2007 Jayco Seneca 35gs with 2 ac units on the roof seems to me when I run the units the speed of the fans seems to be similar low or high also somewhat noisy maybe just me.
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #2

I have a 2005 35GS with two 13,500BTU ACs. The front is ducted and the rear is not. On high fan the front ducted unit is loud enough that I have to turn up the tv. Alot of times, if watching a movie, I'll crank up the non-ducted unit in the bedroom so as not to had to deal with the noise. There is a noticeable difference in the sound of both units on high and low fan.... however, I changed out my ducted unit AC with a heatpump and used the low fan wire for the heating function and it no longer has a low fan setting.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:17 AM   #3

quick question how do i tell if i have a a heat pump as the ducted ac always sounds like one speed is there a seperate thermostat
stimpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:32 PM   #4

Only one thermostat, but I had to change out my cool/[gas]heat) only with a thermostat made for a heatpump, with cool, gas heat & elect heat settings. The original thermostat needed 5 wires which is what was originally installed. The heatpump thermostat requires 6 wires... unless you do away with low speed and rob that wire. I didn't wan't to try and run a new wire.
BillyP is offline   Reply With Quote