Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2020, 11:09 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
. So I took to a Norcold Authorized service center. Again, told the same thing. They both said sorry about my luck!. I live in the Phoenix area so we dont camp in the desert when its 115 degrees. This is a 2020 Jayco Class C that they are saying we can't go above 5500 feet! I told them all that I can't accept that. The dealer that we bought it from said we owe them $149 for a diagnostic fee. I said not paying it. They said we will keep it on your account and will have to pay it next time in for a warranty job.. SO I called Genes RV and he came out and spent 20 minutes and fixed it right up We just got back from a week long trip at 9300 feet in White Mountains in AZ and it worked perfectly. He adjusted the igniter distance to propane and also the igniter was off to the side so he moved that in the proper position. If you need some more info let me know and I am sure I can have Gene explain in more detail to me.
Sounds like you ended up with the exact same incredibly simple remedy I described above, which I was able to do myself in about 10-15 minutes? Anyway, congrats, and I'm glad to hear this actually worked for someone else as I've been wondering if my success with it might have been some sort of dumb luck fluke or something. Mine still works flawlessly 2 years later camping up to 10k feet elevation (haven't tried any higher), knock on wood.

If your dealer is a Camping World, I can understand how they weren't smart/educated enough to know about this remedy as mine wasn't either, and they just looked at me funny and acted like they didn't care when I told them the minor gap adjustment thing was something they needed to know about and be prepared to do for other folks.

Also, if it is indeed a Camping World, you might take the CEO's "If you're not happy I'm not happy" offer to contact him directly and describe your situation with the dealer: https://rv.campingworld.com/marcusvip
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:44 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
. So I took to a Norcold Authorized service center. Again, told the same thing. They both said sorry about my luck!. I live in the Phoenix area so we dont camp in the desert when its 115 degrees. This is a 2020 Jayco Class C that they are saying we can't go above 5500 feet! I told them all that I can't accept that. The dealer that we bought it from said we owe them $149 for a diagnostic fee. I said not paying it. They said we will keep it on your account and will have to pay it next time in for a warranty job.. SO I called Genes RV and he came out and spent 20 minutes and fixed it right up We just got back from a week long trip at 9300 feet in White Mountains in AZ and it worked perfectly. He adjusted the igniter distance to propane and also the igniter was off to the side so he moved that in the proper position. If you need some more info let me know and I am sure I can have Gene explain in more detail to me.
I think I would send the dealer Gene's invoice! Seriously, take that invoice in and talk to the service manager and, of dealership manager. They could not perform something so simple and want you to pay for inaction.

Glad you got it fixed, though.

The crazy thought that people couldn't camp where millions do, is stupid. I get the legalese in the book, but seriously; there would be no campers in Colorado and several other states.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:54 PM   #43
Tad

Oh yes. I plan on going in this week to let them know.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:08 AM   #44

Yeah - the 5500 is a bullschnocky number. Our second story of the house is at 5500.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:45 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Yeah - the 5500 is a bullschnocky number. Our second story of the house is at 5500.
I'd need a 750 foot well to be below that.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote