Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #21

I was a boy scout too... When all we did was camp in weather, you didnt get to really enjoy what its about.

Those times that we had sunny and dry weather though, it was awesome.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:55 PM   #22

yep..closing in on a year of owning our Greyhawk 29mv 2015...
we upgraded the measly house battery to 2 6v. house batteries..work awesome...
Put in premium surge protector...slide out roof awnings...and a lot of other items to make it the way we want it...
There is no perfect less than 100 k MotorHome...we rolled the dice on Jayco from owner reviews etc...we are happy with our rig...there has been multiple little fixes and surprises to deal with..I don't mind getting these minor issues fixed myself...
If I can keep my rig away from the dealer I am better off....if it is a major problem, sure it goes in..but till then we are happy with our Jayco...
BTW..still not sure bout the tankless water heater feature...if I had a choice from beginning a tank type would be my pick...

Old 02-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #23

****ztek

I contacted the dealer about the slide-out controller location after viewing the YouTube vids on re-syncing and resetting the controller. In a Seneca 37FS the controller is under the lower drawer at the slide-out wardrobe. You can't get to it with the slide in.
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #24
Site Team

Bad location decision by someone but I would not think that the slide manufacturer decided to put it there.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:47 AM   #25

As I posted earlier, we were weekend boondocking at Quartzsite, AZ and on Sunday January 24th, the Schwintek slide on our Seneca 37FS got out of alignment or something, and wouldn't retract. My wife is a natural redhead, and situations with less than optimal outcomes tend to 'distress' her. Greatly. Pushed and cajoled and got the slide in.
I received a call yesterday, March 7th, that the gear rack is toast, the motor sheared something and was rotating in the enclosure, and factory alignment issues. One year into a two year warranty, photos and documentation for approval from Jayco for labor and parts receipt will add weeks. This is week 7 without use of the coach and the monthly payment doesn't stop.
Wide open spaces at Quartzsite and two couples from two distant 5th wheels were walking straight to our site. "Really like the looks of your Seneca and thinking of getting away from 5th wheels," they said. Canadians soaking UV rays. Loved the storage and engine access. Not so keen on 8 total steps to the house, but they crossed their index fingers and stepped well back from the coach when they saw the Schwintek slide. "Have you had any trouble with the slide? Heard they are troublesome." I foolishly defended my purchase even as I remembered a similiar failure in Bellingham, WA. Never one to get a break, it crapped the next day.
With non-existent quality control and EVERY coach, trailer, and 5th wheel seemingly built on a Friday before a 3 dayer, the common thread through this forum has been failure, slipshod, and redo.
I am glad Jayco does not build airplanes.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #26

So sorry RoWest. It's testimonials like yours that has stopped me from taking the plunge and upgrading my Jayco TT to a motor home.
Thinking of a new motor home had the same effect as when I was 16 dreaming about that girl sitting next to me in class. I didn't get her then and now the same thing with a motor home.
Good luck!
Old 03-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #27

Not happy

The service writer that broke the news yesterday said that Jayco has twice flown out factory reps to examine the dealers high level of warranty repair and parts. Cracked 5th wheel caps, cabinets disintegrating, lumpy floors, you name it. They shook their heads when shown the issues, OK'd everything, and flew back to their corporate cocoon. Hint: This is a LARGE dealer with multiple So. California locations and a single Indiana facility blocks from the plant, so they mutually have their brown-noses in backsides.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:53 AM   #28

seems unfortunate that the owners with problems are the major contributors to this forum...sure I don't blame them for being upset, but there are probably a lot of happy Jayco owners, who far outnumber the few with real problems, we just don't hear from them much.
So you roll the dice with a new RV, and hope you get a good one...a year on our 2015 Greyhawk 29mv and we are pleased with our rig...7,000 miles now, and yes there have been little things I have taken care of myself...these things do have annoying problems at times, they ALL do.
I would feel like RoWest too, if that happened, I hope you get back to enjoying your RV, soon.
BTW, we have gotten used to our Girard Tankless Water Heater, we can boon-dock with it, it took us some time learning it's quirky ways for sure, we love when hooked up the constant flow of hot water with no limit like on the tank type....just my two cents here is all...
Old 03-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #29

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
RoWest; Sorry to hear about the unfortunate problems with the slide.

A lot of times RV manufactures innovate their own way beyond control of the component manufacturer. All the manufactures are screaming for lighter components and those processes will have problems before they got it right. The consumer pays one way or another; a lot of time it is the down time of the RV
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #30

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
StevWb; Human nature is that when something goes wrong we want others to hear our voice. Over the fifty years I owned RV's I have been happy with all them, because I know ahead of time there's some fixing to do. And I have different standards than the RV manufacturing industry. When you're buying new or used you can expect some repair or modifications because we all have different standards. I am sure RV manufactures will monitor forums to improve their quality. If the workers in the RV industry have a proper incentive and given them time to do things right in the first place with a proper quality end control less would slip through with defects.
No manufacturer is happy with costly service work, because their profit will be eating up very fast.

Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote