Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2021, 05:19 AM   #1

Occupant and cargo weight

I am not sure I am reading the sticker on the inside of the drivers side door of my 2019 Greyhawk Prestige correctly.
It says that the combined cargo and occupancy wt should never exceed 958 pounds and water weight of 440 pounds counts towards that. If I subtract out my fiancee, dogs, and my weight that leaves 78 pounds for all the equipment, supplies, propane, clothes, etc. In addition, it says the tongue weight of any tow bars also counts towards that.
Can I be reading that correctly ? That would leave a motor home with occupants and no supplies
Finchr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:37 AM   #2
Site Team

If you let out a little water you could carry your fiancé!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:44 AM   #3

Very little right? Just in case she is reading.
I was listening to some full timers say you should always leave with a full tank of water and propane because you never know where you'll have to end up.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:47 AM   #4
Site Team

That is correct but you can plan to add water at fuel stops and camping. It's one of those things that are variable depending on your needs..
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchr1 View Post
I am not sure I am reading the sticker on the inside of the drivers side door of my 2019 Greyhawk Prestige correctly.
It says that the combined cargo and occupancy wt should never exceed 958 pounds and water weight of 440 pounds counts towards that. If I subtract out my fiancee, dogs, and my weight that leaves 78 pounds for all the equipment, supplies, propane, clothes, etc. In addition, it says the tongue weight of any tow bars also counts towards that.
Can I be reading that correctly ? That would leave a motor home with occupants and no supplies
The stickers have been known to be in error at times. I would take the rig to a CAT scale completely loaded for a trip or empty and see what it weighs and then do the math.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:25 AM   #6

Thank you
Old 06-04-2021, 06:31 AM   #7

Does that seem right though ? I mean a barren, empty Class C and you only have 958 pounds to load. This sounds like a lot until you add people wt, water, propane, supplies, and tongue weight.
I am adding stabilizers to the steering and chassis so I assume that counts towards that too
Old 06-04-2021, 06:45 AM   #8

If that sticker is accurate, that is the porkiest Greyhawk I've ever heard of. I would agree w/ Grumpy; get it weighed at a CAT scale.

I've said many times I could swear Jayco sends them over the scales in all manner of state; full gas, empty gas, full water, empty water, maybe a tradesman fixing a cabinet in the bathroom while its being weighed, driver/no driver, etc. The weights on these units vary SO significantly from unit to unit its really something else.

On the flipside, if your sticker IS accurate .... its going to be tough sledding keeping your weights in line. That close to max GVWR already, I'd also be looking hard at your axle weights too in order to make sure one isn't overloaded as well.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote