Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2020, 02:24 PM   #1

Oil Fill cap pop off!

We're new to a 2013 Greyhawk, with 17,000 miles on it.

Drove it home from a dealer 180 miles away, who sold it on consignment. It has since been parked in our driveway with VERY limited use, mostly starting it up to relocate it on our driveway so I could put the slides out to service, clean, etc.

The last time I started it up, and backed it away from its usual spot on the driveway, I noticed a black something in front of me. Come to find out it was the oil fill cap, which had apparently dropped from the motor compartment!

I CANNOT figure out why this would have happened! The most time I've spent with the motor was to change out the air filter, and I had more of a time doing that than I thought I would have, but the filter was quite snug.

Perhaps I had wiggled things around in there while doing that that the cap got dislodged, but I shudder to think that was the case. But I AM certainly worried about losing the cap in the future, for whatever reason.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem with their Oil Fill cap on their V10?
ErikB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 03:15 PM   #2

never had an issue with mine, perhaps it wasn't on tight?