Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2021, 07:03 PM   #1

OK. I give up. Where is my inverter?

Greyhawk 31DS

I need to reset my GFCI on the inverter since the outlets near my kitchen and bathroom sink are dead. Tried to reset on the breaker box, but the fault light is on when I push the reset button. Read a thread that said to reset on the inverter, but cannot find it for the life of me.

Would be nice if the location was in the manual.
gotoworkfromanywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoworkfromanywhere View Post
Greyhawk 31DS

I need to reset my GFCI on the inverter since the outlets near my kitchen and bathroom sink are dead. Tried to reset on the breaker box, but the fault light is on when I push the reset button. Read a thread that said to reset on the inverter, but cannot find it for the life of me.

Those outlets are not on the INVERTER. If it won't reset that means you have another issue.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:22 PM   #3

Is there a GFCI receptacle? I'm not familiar with your unit but each one I've owned has a receptacle that gets reset, not at the breaker. Basically the same way you would in a stick n brick.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:07 PM   #4

If you have the newer GFIC breaker in the main panel, the breaker needs to be turned off and then back on to reset, the white button is to test. You must also have power to the coach for it to reset.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
Is there a GFCI receptacle? I'm not familiar with your unit but each one I've owned has a receptacle that gets reset, not at the breaker. Basically the same way you would in a stick n brick.
The receptacles don't have the test/reset like my home outlets do. The reset seems to be in the breaker box under the bed, but that one doesn't work.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
If you have the newer GFIC breaker in the main panel, the breaker needs to be turned off and then back on to reset, the white button is to test. You must also have power to the coach for it to reset.
The main/gfic breaker is OFF, and will not stay in the on position. I'm hooked up to 30 amp shore power.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:20 PM   #7

Still don't know where my inverter is to see if there is a reset button on it. RE: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6/gcfi-92210.html
Old 12-23-2021, 09:26 PM   #8

I'd guess its behind the breaker panel, perhaps at the foot of the bed under some enclosed area. If the breaker won't stay on though, you sure its not a real short? I can't think of a reason a breaker wouldn't stay on due to some inverter issue.
Old 12-24-2021, 06:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Still don't know where my inverter is to see if there is a reset button on it. RE: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6/gcfi-92210.html
That post involves a FW with a Residential refrigerator that is why the INVERTER is in play. Your INVERTER is probably under the bed.
Old 12-24-2021, 08:18 AM   #10

As mentioned, the outlets in the kitchen and bath are not powered by the inverter. There is a GFCI plug near the sink in the bathroom, if it won't reset, it might be a problem with something plugged in an external plug in a storage bay.
Had that problem myself, unplug everything plugged into the plugs in the kitchen, bath and external plugins, you should be able to reset the GFCI.

The inverter is under the bed.
tom35758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 12:54 PM   #11

Ours is under the bed and our bathroom plug has a reset button on it
Sunshine67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 12:56 PM   #12

I had the same issue last summer and ended up replacing the GFI plug in the bathroom. It seems the outlet plug was the issue. Work ok since. You may want to check the plug itself.
Malyhupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 12:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Greyhawk 31DS

Our GFCI is in the bathroom. Just like at home on the socket resets both kitchen and bath. Our inverter has nothing to do with our kitchen sockets if you have an older Greyhawk, yours is probably in the bathroom too. Our inverter only works on the sockets in the tv console. We added tv in bedroom to it, but didn’t come that way. Good luck.
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:02 PM   #14

Similar issue

Had similar issue in the summer……mobile repair out and it was a faulty GCFI. Replaced and all was good.
Old 01-01-2022, 01:05 PM   #15

On a GFCI outlet that I feed outside outlets from on my house, nearby lightning has fried the GFCI outlet at least 2 times. May just be a bad outlet if you cannot find any real faults.
2012 Jayco 32 BHDS: Long Gone
2007 R-Vision 25: Long Long Gone
1965 Frolic Cabover: My First RV
Bugzilla46310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:06 PM   #16
VKC

Have you checked your outside receptacles?
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:14 PM   #17

Inverter is under the bed, at least in ours it is 31FK but reset for kitchen sockets is in our bathroom
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 02:24 PM   #18

Arrow

GotoWork: I have a 2015 Grayhawk "C". Not sure about your rig's design. But my inverter is mounted in the cabinet under the bed riser, which puts it 'behind' the breaker and fuse panel.
To get to it, extend the slide. Take the mattress off the bed. Then raise the hinged plywood surface the mattress sits on...it should stay up propped against the upper cabinets.
On the top of the bed riser cabinet, you will see a plywood cover which is held down by screws (square drive or Phillips). Remove that cover.
The Inverter is mounted beneath the cover. Don't be alarmed by the spaghetti bowl of wiring you'll see!
Note....there is a second covered area to the right of this space. That is where the manifold plumbing is located, including the fresh water pump.
When I reinstalled these covers, rather than putting the screws back in, I made a 'hinge' using Duct tape.
Dave T WA State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 02:38 PM   #19

In my 2016 Grayhawk lift up under the master bed matress inside and then there's another small panel just below the bed, everything's in that Rat's Nest in there
jmbeidlerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 03:12 PM   #20

Under the bed
Jkostner is offline   Reply With Quote