Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2021, 05:59 AM   #1

Ordered 29xk

My wife and I had been looking for a class c for quite some time. Stopped by several RV dealers and test drove and walked thru more than I'd like to think about. Finally settled on the 29xk because of the layout, walk around bed, separate bath and shower, etc. And should be leaving the factory this coming Monday. We are excited 👍

Which brings me to a question I saw in another thread. So as not to derail their thread, figured I'd start my own. MSRP on this rig is right under $112k. Crazy....right?!?! The dealer we settled on has some kind of "promo" that gets the price down to $79k. Granted, it is not the new Farmhouse layout that the 2021 has going now. But, honestly, we are more of a fan of the "traditional" interior, so that's fine by us.

Still comes with the 7.3 and the 6 speed. But, the coach can't be special ordered with anything different than the way the factory sends it out. No auto level jacks, plain jack knife couch, ECT. Strictly vanilla, if ya know what I mean.😉.

So, my question to y'all is this. 2021 29xk for $79 a deal or not? All opinions welcome...I'm a big boy, ya ain't going to hurt my feelings any😆
Erd04056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 08:11 AM   #2

Sounds about the same as a friend purchased a unit last year that he ordered. I know he had add-ons like auto level jacks, slide out awnings, solar panel, but i think the base price he paid was $76k before adds. On ours i walked in with a check and talked them into $71k out the door and it was $70k and change when i picked it up.
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 08:11 AM   #3

Not understanding they cannot do add-ons when ordered??
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:57 PM   #4

And, the craziest thing....ALL the prices, across the board, went up $8000....in a month! Class A's, C's, TT,'s, 5th wheels....everything. I guess it makes me feel like I'm getting a good deal now.😆

Regardless, I will be bringing something back from the dealership next week....I just installed the shore power here at the house today and will finish the black water plumbing by tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2021, 09:12 PM   #5

29% off MSRP seems like a pretty decent deal right now.

When did you place the order? Trying to get another reference point on how long factory orders are taking.
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 05:24 AM   #6

A little under 2 months
Old 05-23-2021, 06:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erd04056 View Post
A little under 2 months
So you placed an order in mid-late March and are getting the unit end of May? That is crazy fast right now - perhaps due to parts shortages they decided to refuse any add-ons so that they could build and deliver the coach.

I placed an order in mid-April (Odyssey 25R) and was told by the dealer that it would be a 2022 model and I should check back in 3 months to see if there is any update on the order, which would most likely be "we still don't have a vin for you" !?!

They are starting builds of 2022s because prior to my order, the dealer was able to send me photos of units being produced in the factory with the new partial paint scheme and new for 2022 interior design scheme (Carbon).
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 06:38 PM   #8

There was a promotion special at RV One. MSRP was around $112000 but Jayco did the promo for $79000. The rig had to be ordered with the "Bridgeport" interior instead of the "Farmstead", no auto levelers. I checked with RV One and they were sold out in every one of there dealerships but, if I put $1000 down, they would build it and ship out to my dealer. The $1000 is completely refundable if for some reason we didn't like it.

The dealer has been very good about keeping us informed and said that it will finally be done by this Monday. Since we put the money down, I've been looking online at several xk models and I feel we are getting a good deal. Dealer said that since we put the money down during the promo, they will honor the price but they did say we were lucky seeing how their cost on all their rigs went up 8 grand!
Old 05-24-2021, 04:27 PM   #9

$79K is good price. 30% percent OFF is a good deal right now.
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote