Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2014, 06:29 AM   #1

Ordered a 2015 Redhawk 26XS !!!

Hey All,

So 3 weeks before I was due to pick up my ordered X213, DW and I were debating a GREAT length whether or not we were doing the right thing. Like many, we went from a Pop-up (1207) to a Hybrid (X17z). Lamenting the limited CCC in the X17z we intended to move to the X213 to get solid sides and acceptable CCC.

But, something changed along the way. We kept thinking about how others with motorhomes camped. How easy it was to just drive in, push a couple buttons, and pretty much be done save your hookups. We kept thinking about how much less stressful it would be to drive a motorhome instead of dealing w/ hitching, weight distribution, sway, backing in, etc.

We both work, so when we go camping/vacationing we want it to be easy and stress free.

We decided to just bite the bullet and get it over with before we signed onto another trailer and continue the trend of endless upgrades. We probably should have done this right after the Pop-up, but we weren't sure we wanted to be all-in on this at that time.

I suppose we're all-in now !!!

Our rig was ordered w/ the Bigfoot levelers to help make it as easy as we could. Family is myself, DW, DD (8 years), and DD (6 years). Looking forward to a good decade of family fun with this thing, if not more. My dealer was pretty adamant that these things will last 15 years easy if you take care of it. I guess we'll see !!

We were going to go for a leftover Greyhawk 29MV that was on the lot for only 10k more than the ordered RedHawk, but I couldn't get past the relatively sparse 1600 pounds of CCC that the 29MV had. The 2014 RedHawk 26XS he had on the lot (sold, but it was till there) had over 3100 pounds available, so I expect to be around 2500-2600 pounds after my levelers are installed.

Hoping it gets here before Memorial Day - he told me 6-8 weeks. We'll see !
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:07 AM   #2

Congratulations & Enjoy!
Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #3

Looks like it won't be here till July - so now I have to figure out if we're cancelling 2 vacations to wait for this or go in another direction. I have a day to decide.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #4

Can always rent something so you don't need to cancel.

BTW....congrats!

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:21 AM   #5

Well, we're not going w/ the Redhawk - its the 29MV Greyhawk on his lot or bust. Wife and I really felt we're getting a ton of extra value for relatively little difference in price after the haggling was done. 27% off sticker - not bad.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #6

post pics once you get it in your driveway!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:05 PM   #7

Ordered a 2015 Redhawk 26XS !!!

We were going to order a 2015 too, and had started the process when the dealer mentioned the 2014 that they had already. The price was 3000 bucks less so we took it. It is a new 2014 that has exactly what we were going to order, and we didn't have to wait the 6 to 8 weeks. Our unit had only been on the lot for 30 days, everything was still in plastic and untouched. We took delivery of our new Redhawk 26xs this past Friday. We just arrived at home with it. Took me two days of driving to get home. We had camping world install a safe-t plus steering stabilizer before we hit the road. Also, the dealer installed a couple of other things to it the day we arrived for delivery. We had to wait a little bit for the added extras to be installed, after we did the demo, but not too bad of a wait. We went and ate lunch, came back, strolled through their lot, then it was ready. After we were done, we went straight to camping world, about 1000 feet away. Camped next to the dealer at a local RV resort, then headed home, about 600 miles away. We spent a second night camping at a really nice Good SAMs RV campground located off exit one on route 95, in Georgia. I can't think of the name right now, but it was not the KOA at the same exit.

We are enjoying the Redhawk 26xs so far. I also put a locking gas cap on it. Went to the auto parts store, asked for a locking cap for an 2014 E-450. They had one, I bought it.

Happy camping,

Steve
Stevefaync is offline   Reply With Quote