Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #1

Outside TV

Do you use your outside TV? I see people sitting outside facing the side of their RV watching tv and I’m thinking to myself why??? Isn’t part of camping to get away from that. Our new Greyhawk 29mvp has one but I could care less to tell you the truth. Doubt we will ever turn it on.

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand this? I guess maybe if you were tailgating or at the races? I just don’t get it.

If you have one and enjoy it please fill me in! It’s like a outside shower. I never hardly use that and wouldn’t miss it. There is a water hookup outside if I need water outside.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #2

We travel frequently with our preteen grandkids. Sometimes after a day away sightseeing when we return to the campground we will put something on the outside TV. We always travel with some DVDs for the boys. It keeps them close and out of trouble while I am inside preparing dinner. Even if there is (some) rain they are okay under the awning. Seldom do I ever watch it, and it is never on past 7 or so.

Once they have gotten tired of traveling with us old people I do see it becoming far less used!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #3

Outside TV Fun

I often use the outside TV to catch up with news or just as background as I'm cooking outside. But even better is hook up a WII and play games outside, its wonderful
Kamelot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #4

As the dear wife and I have been full timers for over eight years. The outdoor life is pretty standard. Leisure living outside the RV is also pretty standard. We have our walks and I do like to drown a worm often but today's electronics are here to stay. I'm more taken back when we have dinner in a restaurant and watch couples glued to their smartphones.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:32 PM   #5

We go camping with a few friends quite often and sit around at night and watch sports and knock back some beers. Cook up some sausages for munching