Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #1

Outside tv removal on 2015 Seneca?

Has anyone removed the outside tv on their Seneca? I need to examine the wires on the tv. I have no idea how to "disconnect" the tv from its wall mount.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #2

We have a 2015/2016 and it is really simple. There are 3 screws on each side. I'd take the lower 4 of those 6 screws out and the last 1 at the top on each side with some one helping you hold the TV.

Remove them and the TV will come out with a long sheet of steel that attaches to the TV, in the same way as a normal wall bracket would attach. The electrical wire connection are accessible along with the plug in.

I recently put an access hatch in the area next to the stairs on the 37FS and you can see all the connections and the entire back area of the TV.

Hope this helps.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #3

Hay, thanks so much, I'll check it out tomorrow. It was 79deg. today in Ok. Just takes one day of that to get spring fever!
Old 02-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #4

You might want an extra pair of hands to hold the TV as you detach it. I did mine solo and almost dropped it.
You may also want to consider installing a panel behind the TV to close up the gapping hole that allows critters and air through the cabinets under the sink.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #5

I thought about taking it out by myself, and then I thought the very same thing you said. I will wait until I have help. CW. Has already fixed the holes behind the tv!!
Old 02-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltW View Post
You might want an extra pair of hands to hold the TV as you detach it. I did mine solo and almost dropped it.
You may also want to consider installing a panel behind the TV to close up the gapping hole that allows critters and air through the cabinets under the sink.
Exactly!!! I have taken my TV out twice - and need to do it again to hook up some additional speakers to the REAR terminals. Also a subwoofer too.

With the TV out, access to the AV connections is pretty easy -

Next time I will seal up the opening to the under-sink area with a sheet of black visqueen sheeting and ducttape to seal out the hurricane that blows in.
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote