Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2017, 09:03 AM   #1

Oversized Bunk Mattress

I just took delivery on a 2018 Redhawk, 26xd. The mattress on the overhead bunk is a weird size 96 long by 54 wide. Does anyone know where to get custom fitted bed sheets?
JEdsonStagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:21 AM   #2

The entire unit is only 100" wide exterior, are you sure the bed is 96" long? The bunk on my Seneca is a double, I assume yours would be the same after all RV manufactures are all about saving costs so I would think that the bunk beds are a standard unit across all units to save costs?

If it is 96" then you are into custom for fitted sheets or buying extra long flat sheets and doing it the old way.
jcoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoyle View Post
The entire unit is only 100" wide exterior, are you sure the bed is 96" long? The bunk on my Seneca is a double, I assume yours would be the same after all RV manufactures are all about saving costs so I would think that the bunk beds are a standard unit across all units to save costs?

If it is 96" then you are into custom for fitted sheets or buying extra long flat sheets and doing it the old way.
Yes, I measured a few times. The bunk mattress on the new Redhawk 26xd runs end to end. It's 96" long
JEdsonStagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEdsonStagg View Post
Yes, I measured a few times. The bunk mattress on the new Redhawk 26xd runs end to end. It's 96" long
That seems odd, the best I see is extra long flat sheet is 108 inches.
jcoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:30 PM   #5

Rather than struggle to "make" a bed in the bunk the traditional way with sheets we elected to go with a "RV Sleep System". I have two kinds, a Travasak on my cabover bunk and a RV Superbag system in the rear on our main bed.

Both are essentially sleeping bags, with the difference being removable sheets inside (held in by velcro) that can be taken out for regular washing. They both have a "Summer" and Winter" side, obviously the winter side has more insulation. Either type takes only a few seconds to "make" when you roll out in the morning.

The Travasak may be harder to find, but my local Camping World had some complete sets and spare sheets, we bought another sheet recently. But some say Travasak is discontinued, I don't know for certain.

The RV Superbag (https://www.rvsuperbag.com) is a a big step up from the Travasak, able to be customized as far as fabric, sizes, sheet thread count, available matching shams, and you can even get it with a ruffle to make it look more "residential". A ruffle not necessary for a cabover bunk, but if you ever wanted to customize your main bed it is available. We added 2 ruffles to ours, so no matter whether we have it flipped to the summer or winter side there is a hanging ruffle.

My wife will never go back to making any of our beds with regular sheets, we even have a second Travasak on our sleeper sofa when we have need of it.

Edit - It appears Camping World now sells what they call the "All Seasons Sleep System", appears to be comparable to the Travasak.

Below is a picture of our main bed RV Superbag:
Attached Thumbnails
20170629_150719_resized.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote