Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2016, 06:28 PM   #1

Oxygenics shower head

We have a new Jayco Greyhawk 31FK that we would like to switch out our factory shower head to an oxygenics shower head. Our 2016 Greyhawk has a tankless water heater. We are wondering if the oxygenics shower head works with the tankless water heater system? We had problems with our bathroom faucet not getting hot water to it and they think it is because there wasn't adequate water pressure. Does anyone have experience with the tankless water heater and an oxygenics shower head? Does the oxygenics shower head reduce water pressure?

Thanks
sbdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:29 PM   #2

We have one on our 15 31Fs. Have had no issues on city hook ups. Have not used on the pump and tank, so not sure how it will perform on that particular scenario.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Cunning193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #3

I don't know - repeat: I don't know... But I've read from at least one poster that their Girard Tankless and the Oxygenics head didn't play nicely together.

As a 2016 31FK owner too, I'm anxious to hear your results!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:42 PM   #4

It will probably work on city water, but will most likely not work with your internal water supply. Not a fault of the shower head, it's a problem with the tank-less water heater... It can't manage the changing flow and pressure provided by the 12v pump.

Many have changed out the tank-less for a normal gas/electric model so that they can boon-dock. Previous post have indicated that Jayco will pay for the swap if the unit is under warranty.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning193 View Post
We have one on our 15 31Fs. Have had no issues on city hook ups. Have not used on the pump and tank, so not sure how it will perform on that particular scenario.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Ditto!

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:37 AM   #6

Just installed mine on our '16 31FS. Works great on city hook up. However, I did remove the shut off valve on end and directly connected it to valve. Didn't try it with pump. But I would probably never use it that way anyways.
Midwest Jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:16 PM   #7

It was one of the first "Mods" i did. I nstalled the Oxygenics showerhead and it works great with city hookup and the water pump. I find the tankless hot water systems works better with the pump as the pressure is constant when the tempreture is set for use. I use two different settings, a higher flame for dishes and a low flame for showers.
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Blue Ox Tow Package
Blog: https://mfalcontraveler.wordpress.com/
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote