Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2022, 09:48 PM   #1

Pantry flying out

I have a 2021 Jayco Melbourne 24L with a slide in slide out pantry. While going around a left-hand curve the pantry came all the way out even though it had been seated fully and it’s “locked” position. All the contents spilled out and the corner of the pantry put a hole in the floor. Anyone else have this problem and any solutions?
Doshlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 03:15 PM   #2

I used these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._5?smid=&psc=1
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 03:55 PM   #3

I drilled a hole thru the frame on the closet side into the pantry. We stick a nail in it that goes into the pantry and that keeps it from sliding out. Has work well after getting a new pantry from JACO because the other one was destroyed.
timmr50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:54 PM   #4

Wow! When Our’s first came out and landed on its corner on the floor it put about a 2 inch hole in the floor. Jayco needs to do something to stop This from happening. Thanks for the hint
Doshlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:27 PM   #5

I'm happy to say that I've never had a problem with my pantry. Just every other single door and drawer. I really would have thought in this day and age that this would be simple. I bought the baby locks for everything. I may put one on the pantry just to be sure. These things are supposed to come right off the surface down the road and I think they will. And they work. I use these: https://www.amazon.com/SKYLA-8-Pack-...2&sr=1-10&th=1
Old 08-19-2022, 11:08 PM   #6

I also have a 2021 24L, haven't had the pantry come out yet just every drawer in the wardrobe! Have to say I'm not that impressed with the craftsmanship. Closet is coming apart from the drawer base after having to repair the whole face coming off on the start of our big trip 2 weeks ago! Anyone else had issues with theirs?
Mroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 12:04 PM   #7

Our fridge door will fly open. And we've got a few cabinet drawers that have loosened up and will slide out too. We use those Child Drawer Locks where needed.

As for the quality, I'm not impressed all that much either. But I build cabinets from time to time and if you told me to build you a cabinet that you we're going to put into a truck and shake the snot out of it for a few years, I wouldn't warranty my drawer slides either.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:52 PM   #8

I use child safety drawer locks to stop some of my drawers.

Also, on my pantry I have a big mirror that was not mounted securely and one day when I opened it, the mirror flew out and put a gash in the floor. IT is mounted to wood so it did not break miraculously. It cut my finger and toe in the process though. It could have actually taken my toe off if it landed on me.
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 10:26 AM   #9

We have a slide out pantry too and ended up installing latches to keep it locked in place while traveling
Daniel3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 10:28 AM   #10

10lbs latches

I had an issue with some drawers opening and managed to mount these on either the top, or side of the drawer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Grimmy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:00 AM   #11

Our pantry door came open on a rough road and everything came out. Now I take a bungee from the handle to the hood fan which is strong enough to hold it shut. Maybe you have somewhere to hook to as this is the most simple way I could find.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote