Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-23-2019, 06:34 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Eastpoint, Fl.
Posts: 313
Passenger Side Mirror

We have a 2016 Greyhawk 29MV and Iím having problems seeing a clear view of that side of the coach. The awning arm blocks a good view on that side. Has anyone successfully found any way to extend that mirror out 1Ē to 2Ē further than the factory length? Iíve adjusted it back and forth but it still has the awning arm blocking half the view. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thank you, Jimmyd
__________________

Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:02 PM   #2
Member
 
Daniel3359's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 65
I have the same unit, but don't seem to have that issue. Now I'm curious and will take a look once the sun comes back out.
__________________

Daniel3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:55 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
hoppers4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Port Orchard
Posts: 1,557
My unit is the same as yours and I've really never seen the awning arm as being problematic. True, it does block the side view somewhat but I adjust the mirror out so I just barely see the arm. The critical mirror is the small one that has to be adjusted just right so any car on that side of the rig can be seen no matter where it is. For me, the small mirror is much more important than the large one for blind spots. I just use the big one to watch merging cars to ensure they won't run me down.
__________________
Don
hoppers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:19 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,391
Put me in the same camp - I tilt my mirrors out so I can see traffic on the right side. The awning support arm doesn't affect me in what I want to see.

To answer your question, I do not think there is any way to extend the factory mirror supports.

I wouldn't want them out much farther where they'd whack something as I'm driving.
__________________
2016 Greyhawk 31FK
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:38 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Eastpoint, Fl.
Posts: 313
I guess you all agree there is no extension.
I always like to see that blind spot lined up with the coach. We just came up thru Dallas onto route 35 north to route 40 west and some of the interchanges we entered from the left lane. The crazies behind me dart out quickly and even though you have your blinker on with a clear entry lane they come from out of nowhere. Iím sure youíve all been there.
We owned two large Class A before this and the mirrors always were set to see the side lines of the bus.
I just thought maybe someone may have come up with an extension. For now it is what it is. Safe travels to all. Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
SloPoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Sandy, Utah (Salt Lake City)
Posts: 1,418
You meet the greatest people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
I guess you all agree there is no extension.
I always like to see that blind spot lined up with the coach. We just came up thru Dallas onto route 35 north to route 40 west and some of the interchanges we entered from the left lane. The crazies behind me dart out quickly and even though you have your blinker on with a clear entry lane they come from out of nowhere. Iím sure youíve all been there.
We owned two large Class A before this and the mirrors always were set to see the side lines of the bus.
I just thought maybe someone may have come up with an extension. For now it is what it is. Safe travels to all. Jimmyd
So here we are staying in a beautiful campground right west of I35 and just south of I40 and who might just come over to visit us in our stay at Wanderlust RV Park.. but Jim! We shared many stories... adventures and our love of traveling in our Jayco. It was great to meet with you tonight!
Attached Thumbnails
20190424_202748.jpg  
__________________
Steve & Stacy,
Oliver, Ned and Ellie ( Yellow Lab, Red Lab, Border Collie/Boxer)
2015 Seneca 36FK
2007 Toyota FJC - on the trailer

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
cabinetmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Granbury
Posts: 829
Me and the boss are heading to Fredericksburg in the morning. SloPoke you and Jimmyd come on down! Staying at the Lady Bird Municipal RV Park.
__________________
2018 Greyhawk 29MVP
2018 Jeep 4 Door Rubicon Recon
Retired and Under New Management (See Spouse For Details)
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:13 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Eastpoint, Fl.
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Me and the boss are heading to Fredericksburg in the morning. SloPoke you and Jimmyd come on down! Staying at the Lady Bird Municipal RV Park.
Hello Mike, I would love to but we are westward bound. I believe that SloPoke is also heading west from here.
Are they having a festival down in Fredericksburg? Sounds like some good German food may be eaten this weekend.
We are in route to California to see our youngest and his family.
Next stop Amarillo to get a steak.
Have fun and maybe Iíll catch up with you on our return trip.
Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:09 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
cabinetmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Granbury
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
Hello Mike, I would love to but we are westward bound. I believe that SloPoke is also heading west from here.
Are they having a festival down in Fredericksburg? Sounds like some good German food may be eaten this weekend.
We are in route to California to see our youngest and his family.
Next stop Amarillo to get a steak.
Have fun and maybe Iíll catch up with you on our return trip.
Jimmyd
Big Tex steak tonight? Plenty of good steaks in Amarillo for sure. We stay at the Oasis RV Resort when passing through Amarillo. A little pricey but all paved and concrete level sites.

Be safe Jimmy! Blessings to you and yours!
__________________
2018 Greyhawk 29MVP
2018 Jeep 4 Door Rubicon Recon
Retired and Under New Management (See Spouse For Details)
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Eastpoint, Fl.
Posts: 313
Thatís where we stay as well. And then over to the Big Texan for my steak. I think we are heading over there tomorrow.
Take and safe travels, Jimmyd
__________________

Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.