Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2021, 12:54 PM   #1

Passenger Wall Popping / Flexing Noise

Hello all, I know noise is part of the experience with our class c rigs, but I'm wondering if what I'm hearing is something unique to my 2020 31F or if this is a common thing. While driving I can hear what seems to be the passenger side wall flexing and making sort of a constant popping noise as if plastic was rubbing against fiberglass or something like that. Hard to describe, but I notice that is much louder on harsher roads, and/or when its hot outside as if it has something to do with the flexing of the rig. I can sort of recreate the sound if I push on the wall around the window just above the sofa - Anyone experience this noise at all? Thanks!
brunovonroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunovonroma View Post
Hello all, I know noise is part of the experience with our class c rigs, but I'm wondering if what I'm hearing is something unique to my 2020 31F or if this is a common thing. While driving I can hear what seems to be the passenger side wall flexing and making sort of a constant popping noise as if plastic was rubbing against fiberglass or something like that. Hard to describe, but I notice that is much louder on harsher roads, and/or when its hot outside as if it has something to do with the flexing of the rig. I can sort of recreate the sound if I push on the wall around the window just above the sofa - Anyone experience this noise at all? Thanks!
Could it be your overhead rooftop antenna? I had that problem and it took a long time to find and it sounded like the wall, frame, or something else but was the antenna slightly bouncing on the rooftop. ~CA
Old 02-04-2021, 02:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Could it be your overhead rooftop antenna? I had that problem and it took a long time to find and it sounded like the wall, frame, or something else but was the antenna slightly bouncing on the rooftop. ~CA
That rig probably has a fixed mast antenna, so I doubt that's it.

There have been MANY windows installed incorrectly in our rigs. Wonder if that could be a player? Since you can "re-create" the sound by pushing around the window?

ETA: That's a new one on me. There are LOTS of sounds to deal with in a MH, but I haven't heard something like that mentioned before...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:02 AM   #4

Sure it's not the door flexing and poping

My door makes a lot of noise when the wind hits it just right driving...almost like it's gunna rip it open
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:39 AM   #5

i never hear anything like that on mine. I've stowed the glass from microwave and the oven shelves to keep down the noise (drives me crazy while driving, what is that sound?).

Tags
class c, noise