Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2016, 07:18 PM   #21

Okay thanks. Yea, looks like there is no signal meter anymore. The rep mentioned an in-line signal meter king jack offers but I didn't like it. Where would I mount it where I could use it anyway? I emailed king jack and they dont offer the built in signal meter separately, only the complete unit.
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:18 AM   #22

When our built in signal meter didn't work (because the electronics were missing), we bought the in-line unit. Save your money, it has never worked, and the 9v battery is only good for about a week.

Now we're going to have to pay to replace the entire unit, which was supposed to have been there in the first place. Extremely FRUSTRATING....

Looking back, kind of funny... the dealer tech tried to show us how to use the signal meter during the PDI, and when he popped the cover off, it was empty... no electronics.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:00 AM   #23

Seems shady to me. They advertise it on the main jayco site even on the 2017 ones. When comparing coaches it seemed like a box to check.

Have other bigger issues now though.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #24

Yea I agree, shady for sure.

I hope your new bigger issues aren't too serious!

- James
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:55 PM   #25

We bought the same rig. 2016 Greyhawk 31FS. We are not happy either. Owned it 3 months and have only been able to use it once.

The POS tankless heater would not work at all. Dealer couldn't get it in for a month. Upon repair they found wires disconnected and a bad switch.

Front end alignment needed.

Leveling jacks too low but dealer won't adjust them and said if we do they will void the warranty.

Drive shaft vibration is terribly annoying. Repair needed.

Hitch not secured properly. Tried attaching trailer and the hitch shifted and actually caused the bumper to move.

Electric plug in kitchen shorted out.

So far not happy, not impressed.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:05 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGriswalds View Post
We bought the same rig. 2016 Greyhawk 31FS. We are not happy either. Owned it 3 months and have only been able to use it once.

The POS tankless heater would not work at all. Dealer couldn't get it in for a month. Upon repair they found wires disconnected and a bad switch.

Front end alignment needed.

Leveling jacks too low but dealer won't adjust them and said if we do they will void the warranty.

Drive shaft vibration is terribly annoying. Repair needed.

Hitch not secured properly. Tried attaching trailer and the hitch shifted and actually caused the bumper to move.

Electric plug in kitchen shorted out.

So far not happy, not impressed.
The water heater should've been tested/verified on the dealer PDI. If it has a bad switch and disconnected wires, your dealer never tested it before selling it to you. That's 100% on the dealer - the water heater itself is good if you are not boondocking and understand how the heater itself works.

They all need a front end alignment. All of them.

Leveling jacks should be 7-8" off the ground when fully retracted. It will not void your warranty by raising them. Its just a couple bolts/nuts and moving the assembly up a hole or two. Again - your dealer is failing you.

Drive shaft vibration on the newer Ford chassis has been known for some time now. I'm the one who first discovered it for this particular forum as I was about to buy a 2016 Greyhawk but instead opted for a 2015. AGAIN - your dealer is failing you.

The hitch I could see being missed on a PDI - if they even did one for you.

The plug in the kitchen not so much.

I would not be a fan of your dealer.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:50 PM   #27

So, I think the dealer is now trying to correct a lot of the issues. More just keep popping up. I spent the entire weekend wiring in a TPMS system, hard wired surge protector and washing/polishing/wax-sealing the entire rig.

Found 5 more issues including cracks in the fiberglass cap and cracks in the running board. There was missing/cracked caulk as well. I found goobers of silicone on the front cap and it was impossible on some of them to remove so I gave up. I have no idea why gobs of silicone would be on the cap. The stickers are already peeling on the front cap as well.

Nav doesn't work. I keep wondering if I am using it wrong. Every time I hit the button for nav, it just beeps at me. The two times I tried it were sitting in my driveway and also on the highway on the way back to the dealer.

BTW, if you were ever trying this and wondering:

The Jensen radio is set up to play DVD's. Duh. Well the radio has the capability to run 2 zones of audio. If wired correctly (and the TV relay undone), the kids can watch a movie while you listen to the radio. You would just have to fade the sound all the way to the front for the radio so you don't have the rest of the coach speakers playing. Unfortunately, the explanation I got from the dealership was that Jayco doesn't wire it that way.

Got the same response on the king jack. They just aren't installing the electronics.

The dealer is apparently getting mixed signals from Jayco and Hellwig on the springs when I asked for them to be adjusted.

I've spent probably 10 hours total chasing rattles, squeaks and such. I haven't found a solution for everything and there is one large one I can't figure out what it is yet. I will need the wife to drive down the road while I listen for it. Lots of foam, weather seal strips, rubber vaccuum line, zip ties, etc. to get them to all quiet down.

The most unfortunate part was while the dealer had the coach for repair, they took it for an alignment. Apparently, Belle Tire smashed the rear corner into something and messed up the bumper and the corner of the coach.

They are fixing it, but apparently trim pieces from Jayco take at least a week to come in.

Oh, and I can't get a single person from Jayco to actually call me back or answer the phone. I've been on hold twice for over a 1/2 hour and nothing.

It's just not my year....
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote