Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace View Post
1. The handling while driving on the highway. I'm told the E450 chassis doesn't come from the factory with enough + camber in the front. Very busy correcting the steering from wondering. Wind from tractor trailers will push it around to much. I find myself going slower then the posted speed limits.
It can also be caused by too much weight behind the rear axle.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace View Post
We just bought a 2016 31FS in Aug. used it twice now. I like it, I flat tow a Jeep Wrangler without any problems, lots of power.
My 2 biggest complaints are -
1. The handling while driving on the highway. I'm told the E450 chassis doesn't come from the factory with enough + camber in the front. Very busy correcting the steering from wondering. Wind from tractor trailers will push it around to much. I find myself going slower then the posted speed limits.
2. Vibration noise unacceptable at 58-62mph. Not sure what that is, hearing something about Ford adding the 6th gear to the transmission & Mor-ride suspension.
I'm planning a 2,500 mile round trip to Disney this Christmas, I want to get these issues resolved before that.
Ok, turns out the handling issues with my new 2016 Greyhawk FS was solved with only a front end alignment & some camber adjustments. Drives very nice now. Still haven't had results at getting the 58-62mph vibration noise fixed. The dealer seems new to this issue, which I'm having a had time believing because they had quit a few 2016 models on their lot last summer. They gave it back to me & said its a Ford problem & the ford dealer they use does not have the parts to resolve it. Also gave me a Ford complaint phone number. Ford seem very nice & helpful when I called & was surprise the ford dealership that jayco dealer sent it to could not resolve it. They wanted all the info. I had about the Ford dealer it was sent to & recommended another Ford dealer nearby to me. Ford said they would reach out to the other Ford dealership & set things up for me. I haven't heard back as of yet, it's been a week since my phone call to them. Feels like the right hands not in sinc with the left, and I thought the jayco dealer should be handling this problem with Ford not me.
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:35 AM   #23

Has anybody been able to get their 2016 class C Greyhawk vibration issue resolved. If so, do you know what did the repair involve? All I'm told is shims need to be installed.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:33 AM   #24

We did not buy as planned. Decided to wait until the vibration issue is resolved. The dealer told us they were not aware of the problem. I told the dealer it needed to be resolved before we buy. Jayco and/or Ford need to make a public announcement that the problem is solved. No one has taken ownership of the vibration issue.
nels1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #25

Hi Larry,

After lots and lots of research, we bit the bullet on the 2016 Greyhawk 31FS. in 10 more weeks we should have it. We added the full body paint and bunk TV's. I can get real alcoa rims for cheaper if I ever want to add aluminum rims. This will be our fifth RV. I'll keep you posted once we get it!

- James
jgerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:12 PM   #26

We have the '12 GH SS, model. Not sure it is made in 2016 but very similar to the FK. If I were doing it again I would have looked harder for a deal in the DS floor plan. Appears to have a more roomy bath and shower and still has the large outdoor storage in the back. Have had a few issues with the Jayco but nothing of any consequence, and probably nothing you would not expect with a house on wheels. I have read here about vibration issues with 2016 and think would be worth researching.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:00 AM   #27

Handing issue was solved with alignment & camber adjustment. The vibration noise issue I have, (all 2016 Greyhawk models have) is set to be fixed early Dec. I'll comment later about that.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:30 PM   #28

Forest River Leprechaun

We loved the Forest River Leprechaun features, but after reading lots of RV blogs there seemed to be massive problems with quality control on Forest River products....especially water leaks...one guy said the Leprechaun should have come with a Turkey Baster, as he had to siphon out puddles of water from the cab-over bunk....
We bought a 2015 Greyhawk 29 mv, and are totally happy, sure we made some upgrades here and there, and of course little things need tweaking etc..but that just comes with any new RV....