Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #1

Plumbing Check Valve

2016 Greyhawk 29MV.
While looking around for our water pump I came across water dripping under the bathroom sink over left pullout drawers. Seems like it’s coming down from the plastic check valve. Does anyone know if this is a common issue on the Jayco’s? I think I need to find me a brass one. Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:01 PM   #2

Has it been raining? Roof leak? Should not have water there.
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
John7349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:59 PM   #3

John, no rain here on the beach in sunny Florida. Turns out it is the vacuum valve for the black tank flush. Had the same issue on our bus. They install these cheap plastic valves and save a few dollars. Not as bad as I thought it would be. For now we won’t flush the black tank. Safe travels, Jimmyd
Old 06-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #4

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago going over all the systems in the new North Point. I was checking the taps behind the shower that I accessed thru a closet. Surprise to me finding the anti syphon/vacuum break valve. It has to be above the toilet. Just like the same valve required on new build residential homes hose bibs, they leak a little every time they are turned off.
I eliminated it with a 90* elbow I made out off copper elbow and 2, 1/2” nipples I sweated together, cuz I couldn’t find a plastic fitting locally. No more leaks, I’ll put a vacuum break on the end of the hose.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:26 AM   #5

Not a good place to install a vacuum break valve��. You were lucky to find it and be able to refit the plumbing.
I still haven’t found my water pump which is what I started out looking for.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:58 AM   #6
Site Team

My city water connection for the BLACK WATER TANK spinning cleaner pipe, goes through the wall and into the cabinet below the sink where the check valve for the fresh water connection is. The check valve connection has a small leak, which I still need to address as it drips into a cup that gets emptied each time I flush the BLACK WATER TANK (Every Thursday at 10AM, cell phone alarm).

Don
My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:11 AM   #7

There's two removable panels under the bed. The water pump is under the forward (toward the front of the RV) panel.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #8

Don, the water in our coach was running down a set of wires into the bottom of the bathroom vanity. I won’t flush the bleach water again until I fix that valve. I see your in Clearwater. We lived on Lake Tarpon then our on Clearwater Beach. Retired 7 years ago from my company’s and hit the road. We now live up by Apalachicola. Oyster Capital of the world. Thanks for all your help. Jimmyd
Old 06-26-2018, 10:21 AM   #9

Hoppers4, thanks for that help in finding the water pump. Now if I can remember to set the dials correctly to fill the tank. �� I keep forgetting what number does what. I now made a check list that is taped into that rear cabinet. Take care, Jimmyd
Old 06-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyd View Post
I now made a check list that is taped into that rear cabinet.
Jeez, somebody didn't install the label for your valves. This is what's on my valve wall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	41341
Old 06-26-2018, 12:36 PM   #11

Hoppers4, they put that plate on our wall but I am having a learning. Had too many frills on my previous Diesel pushers. In 2015 they switched to Spyder Controls which lets you turn on and off multiple switches from each station. Water pump could be turned on or off from 4 locations.
I relearning as I go.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:46 AM   #12

I have exactly the same issue with my redhawk. I am trying to figure out whether the inlet check valve on pump has failed or the water distribution panel is clogged with ground water impurites found in ground water calcium, magnesium or others that make ground water hard. I called Jayco this morning to try and narrow it down to the valve distribution panel or pump and the person I talked to in tech support knew less than a 3rd grader about the water system. They are absolutely useless. I am under warranty but cannot afford to leave unit with dealer for the rest of season for repair. It has to be pump or the valve panel. The water valve I think is a piss poor design unless you plan to use the RV only on city water lines where the water is cleaner. When on the road most parks away from large metro areas are on ground water which could easily clog the valves causing the water to back flow into the water tank. After primed the pump works fine but if not used or 30-45 minutes when I open a faucet the pump makes a whine noise and there is virtually no water from the faucet for at least 1-2 minutes while the pump struggles to regain pressure. I suspect it could be the distribution valves but not sure and Jayco tech support is basically useless. I have owned 5 RV over nearly 40 years and have never had a pump go bad also never had one with the distribution panel like Jayco uses. This I am certain is a recipe for failure with ground water. I have well and septic here at home and I know without a water softener there would be a lot of clogs in faucets and around fixtures as a result of the ground water which is not so bad in some area but in my area it is not good unless treated.
xmtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote