Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Bring Back Power Adjusted Driver's Seat
Yes 14 77.78%
No 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2018, 05:13 PM   #1

Poll, Bring Back Power Driver's Seat

Seeing how Jayco and Entegra dropped the power adjusted driver's seat for the Greyhawk and Odyssey in October and gone to a lesser driver's seat that swivels instead (like a Winnebago) maybe Jayco might pay attention and bring it back or at least make it a option.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #2

i want swivel seats. they should offer both
Steve1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1152 View Post
i want swivel seats. they should offer both
Very agreed!
I have spine issues and have to readjust to get comfortable often. Then add that my wife is 5'03 and 6ft so she needs a seat that adjust higher where I need a lower seat.
Should be a option or make one both ways? It would hurt the competition for driver comfort.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #4

I'm a little torn on this issue.

I have a hard time making the seat in my GH comfortable. It's weird, but it's true. I've never had such trouble in a seat with this much adjustment! So from that perspective, I'm kind of glad to see it go, but I don't know what the other seat feels like, so IDK.

Also, I think if it's not a PITA to rotate, it would be nice to be able to rotate those seats. Our couch is okay, but I will replace it with recliners probably as soon as the warranty is up.

I guess having it as an option would be the best? IDK...

If you could have power seats that rotate, I think that would be about as good as it gets.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:57 AM   #5

I like the idea of the swivel seat, I'm just not sure it would get used. In our Greyhawk, there was a step up from the cab to the house, a swivel seat wouldn't really work there. We also used thermal curtains to keep the heat of the summer out of the coach and the cold in the winter out of the coach. The swivel seat really wouldn't get used.

-Michael
michael.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #6

I too like the idea of an 'optional' swivel seat though with the floor height difference of nearly 6" from cab to coach... this is what you will be getting. I hope this is an early adaptation from Jayco, cause this can't be comfortable or practical. Image is from Jayco's website - 2019 Redhawk 24B.
Attached Thumbnails
Swivel Seats.JPG  
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackSprat View Post
I too like the idea of an 'optional' swivel seat though with the floor height difference of nearly 6" from cab to coach... this is what you will be getting. I hope this is an early adaptation from Jayco, cause this can't be comfortable or practical. Image is from Jayco's website - 2019 Redhawk 24B.
X2
The kiddie style booster seat doesn't look comfortable in the least. Then using the boosters would make using the arm rest too low.
They had a great seat to begin with. No point "fixing" what isn't broken.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:41 AM   #8

Quote:

Wait a minute now....I have a 2019 Redhawk 31F....are my cab seats supposed to rotate?
Kinggartk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I'm a little torn on this issue.

I have a hard time making the seat in my GH comfortable. It's weird, but it's true. I've never had such trouble in a seat with this much adjustment! So from that perspective, I'm kind of glad to see it go, but I don't know what the other seat feels like, so IDK.

Also, I think if it's not a PITA to rotate, it would be nice to be able to rotate those seats. Our couch is okay, but I will replace it with recliners probably as soon as the warranty is up.

I guess having it as an option would be the best? IDK...

If you could have power seats that rotate, I think that would be about as good as it gets.
Agreed. Between the armrest that points to the sky and my inability to find a comfortable seating position. Oh, and don't forget that for whatever reason the Jayco power seats are not centered on the steering wheel ....

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:14 AM   #10
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
I hope this is an early adaptation from Jayco, cause this can't be comfortable or practical. Image is from Jayco's website - 2019 Redhawk 24B.
I have those exact seats with the kiddie booster cushions on my coach. Being that it is a short coach, without a couch, having the front seats swivel to be used as extra seating is a great idea. Plus, the TV is mounted on the left side of the dinette, so when you use the front seats in this manner, it works out great for viewing the TV.

However, I'm not sure which knucklehead engineer at Jayco came up with this Mickey Mouse booster cushion arrangement? Really bad design. Probably and easy way to cut costs on the Redhawk.

I also wish the front seat was power, but I've been able to get comfortable with the addition of a separate lumbar cushion.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote