Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #11

No, I have a portable Weingard G2 Carryout.

tomknepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomknepper View Post
No, I have a portable Weingard G2 Carryout.
Okay, I have that also from a prior trailer. The Winegard Sat 1 and Sat 2 is wiring going to the roof and nothing more. You're far better off, in my opinion, to just forget about that. I don't think it is going to help you.

Do you have a coax input for cable?

If yes, you can use it for the Winegard Connection, BUT you've got to connected in to it before the booster for the roof top antenna. This is rebuilt to split for the satellite or for the antenna and cable connection. How to do this is well documented. I'll see if I can find how to Instructions for you. I've done it twice, it isn't hard once you learn the concept.

Here is an example -

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...print/true.cfm

2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:07 PM   #13

Thank you very much. That is all helpful. Thanks for taking the time.

I do have a single cable input that I have used in the RV parks successfully for their cable.

I do want to use two TV's with two different receivers simultaneously watching different programs. Living room and bedroom.

As I understand it, I need two coax cables coming from the Winegard G2 Carryout to accomplish this.

Will be actively trying to figure all this out tomorrow in the motor home.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #14

Over the years, I've called Winegard a number of times. They are very helpful. Give them a call and have the model number of your Winegard available before you call.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #15

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

this is how I worked it out. I do have a Winegard G2 portable satellite receiver. I do have Direct TV and want to keep it.

With this satellite receiver you do need to run two RG6 coax cables if you want two different receivers watching two different programs at the same time.

My RV came with a single female coax receptacle placed in the shore power compartment. This supplies RV park cable TV to both interior TV's.

I was able to determine the wire from that receptacle went up to the living room TV cabinet area. It was attached to the back of the single female coax receptacle built into the cabinetry behind the TV.

I unscrewed the cable from the back of the receptacle. I used a coax barrel connector to attach a 3' coax extension. I did have to drill a hole into the cabinetry to bring the wires into the cabinet area made for a receiver.

I am able now to receive Direct TV standard def only on the living room TV. I plug the satellite dish coax wire into the female receptacle in the shore power compartment and viola.

For the bedroom TV, I did have to run an additional RG6 coax from the same shore power compartment area (did that for convenience etc.) underneath the motor home. I did install a barrel connector to the bottom edge of the motor home wall using a bracket. This is where I attach the 2nd wire coming from the satellite dish. I did drill a 1/2" hole from the bottom of the rig (silicone d it when done) up into an area behind the bedroom wardrobe area drawers. I was able to snake the coax wire up into the cabinet behind the bedroom TV. I programmed the remote for RF communication and I now have my 2nd (bedroom) TV working at the same time as the front TV with different shows. Happy Camper.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #16

Where there is a will, there IS a way! Glad you got things working.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:47 PM   #17

Thank you to all who tried and did help.