Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2015, 11:36 PM   #1

Portable water softener

Not a lot of discussion about water softeners. While spending the winter in Mesa I talked to a few RVers who had water softeners and they recommended them. I researched on line after we got back home and got an ON THE GO double from Amazon.

On The GoŽ | Portable Water Softeners

There are a lot out there, but this one comes with a 4' hose, hardness tabs, high flow inlet valve, and a few other goodies, for $275. My main reasons for getting one is to protect the on demand water heater, when it works, from plugging up with cooked on lime, etc. The softener is a lot less than a new heater I think. Also should improve the taste. Anyway will try it out next month with a trip to TN to visit our son and his family.

Just wondering if anyone else has one, and what do you think of it. Another thought, as how my outside faucets at home are hard water. It would be real easy to hook up the softener when washing the RV, car, motorcycle, etc.
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote