Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2018, 10:09 AM   #1

Possible leak?

So we or camping right now and notice this area is dripping. Could it be a leak? The ac is on and the water from it is dripping on the end like is supposed. So this I have no clew..
Attached Images

espinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:01 PM   #2

If you turn off the water or AC does the drip stop?
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #3

Normally water will not be dripping from the middle of the camper, unless a low point drain is open. My hot water low point drain is nearly impossible to see as it is up and under a cross member. My hot water low point drain seal has leaked from time to time. I notice it via ether the water pump cycles on and off for no reason, or I see a puddle under it.

It seams like an odd spot for the AC to be dripping. All of our condensation runs across the roof to the edge and then along the gutter, and drips. IF your gutter was plugged, and it was over flowing, I would expect you would see a trail of water down the wall from the roof to that location.

In that area, do you have any plumbing? Such as water pipes, pumps, sinks, low point drains, etc? Remember water flows nicely down hill, so you may have to think about a possible water from say a shower too, and the levelness of the MH.

In general, I would investigate more closely, as I do not expect you will see a water drip from that location.

added thought; where is your refrigerator access panel? There will be a condensate drain in there to a small catch pan. Check to see if the hose goes to the pan, and/or if the pan is over flowing.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #4

That picture only shows at the size of a thumbnail on my screen, so it's hard for me to see exactly, but my trailer is 35ft long and the drip rail near the roof is split for the last 8ft near the back - two pieces. So, I sometimes have to go up on the roof and put a little silicone in the split to keep them both connected for the water to make it to one end of the rail or the other. I can't see from your picture if you have a picture of the drip rail so I can't see if yours is like mine.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #5

Is basically towards the back of the rv. Under the bedroom there is storage so is between a wall. I’m thinking where the water lines or and pressure from the water lines. This is the first time using water pressure. I’ll unplug the water tomorrow and see. Thanks you for inputs. I’ll let you guys know.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by espinoza View Post
Is basically towards the back of the rv. Under the bedroom there is storage so is between a wall. I’m thinking where the water lines or and pressure from the water lines. This is the first time using water pressure. I’ll unplug the water tomorrow and see. Thanks you for inputs. I’ll let you guys know.
Are you using a pressure regulator? Some rv parks or city water hookups can be really high pressure. This will cause a leak where normally it wouldn't.

Fill the fresh water tank and use that with the pump and unhook the city water and see what happens.

Is there any plumbing inside the rv in that area? Have you looked under or inside for leaks?

Could be a number of things...good luck and hope you find it and it's a simple fix. Let us know...helps us all to hear conclusions.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #7

Thanks cabinetmaker. Yes I’m using a regulator and So I did that. I Fill the tank turn the water off and it did stop. So my guess that it is a water line between the walls that’s causing the problem. I’ll take it to the dealer when I get back.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by espinoza View Post
Thanks cabinetmaker. Yes I’m using a regulator and So I did that. I Fill the tank turn the water off and it did stop. So my guess that it is a water line between the walls that’s causing the problem. I’ll take it to the dealer when I get back.
Glad you found it and at least can still use water on your trip. I have found that putting a elbo on the outside water hookups helps keep stress off that connection and internal pipes.

Sorry to say this has been a fairly common problem. Should be a easy fix but get you one of these and it might prevent it happening again.
Attached Thumbnails
F471FE6A-9AA9-4F2D-B887-3CDE4E546859.jpg   742D5A3E-F6DC-4B34-9E7D-74494C36CE7D.jpg  
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote