Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2015, 01:19 AM   #11

We got our 2015 FS last May and have logged about 15k on the odometer so far. No major issues, just little things. Some dealer fixed, some myself.

My two boys absolutely love the bunks, and they give mom and dad living space once they are in bed!!

Watch your weight, as with our family of 4, a 180lb Saint Bernard, and all of our stuff we are only left with a few hundred lbs of CCC. Loaded to the max however, we have experienced great handling. My GH exceeded my expectations and rides like my Superduty.....damn nice.

I installed a standard Wineguard Direct TV sat on mine, but wish we would have gone with the Traveler or In-motion dish. Happy with it for the price though. Check out the DIY TV mod thread, as you will want the tv to work "in motion".

The water heater is a bit tricky for showers, and my wife does complain. She has figured out how to use it though, and I'm too big for the shower anyway unless we are boondocking. It's just fine for washing and dishes, etc.

Getting ready to get ours out of hibernation for the season. Good luck with your GH. You will love it!

Shakedown St. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:40 AM   #12

We bought our 31FS in 2012 and have been enjoying it. Only some small issues, nothing major. All fixed myself with parts and advice from Jayco. The only thing I would have preferred was to have vinyl flooring in the front and only carpet inthe bunk/bedroom. But that is a personal preference , not a design issue.

TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:56 PM   #13

TX, I have the 2012 FK and I pulled the carpet from the main living/kitchen area. The main floor had vinyl flooring under the carpet. You can make some small holes and check that the flooring is there. I left the carpet on the slide and underneath the slide and used some floor transitions to cover the carpet ends.

Makes cleaning much easier.

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:37 AM   #14

Well, we took the plunge today. Should take delivery next week. Might give it a shakedown at the Vineyards Campground in Grapevine this next weekend. Looking forward to lots of learning and adventures yet to come!
Attached Thumbnails
NewRV.jpg  
mcsenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #15

Just returned from 6 weeks in Florida in our 2015 TO kGreyhawk back to New York. Handled very well and we towed a 2015 Chevy Equinox. No major problems. Only issue was high winds in Georgia but that wasn't the MH problem.
snipe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsenerd View Post
Well, we took the plunge today. Should take delivery next week. Might give it a shakedown at the Vineyards Campground in Grapevine this next weekend. Looking forward to lots of learning and adventures yet to come!
Congratulations!
Old 03-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsenerd View Post

Looks great
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #18

I can't wait to hear how it goes!

RVFamof3 is offline   Reply With Quote