Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #1

Power doesn't always lock in when using auto-gen

I was wondering if any other Seneca owners have ever had their power not lock in after going to their genset?
It isn't a reliable issue for me, just seems to do it when I'm not paying attention going down the road. The hvac will call for the gen to start, which it does, then the microwave will beep as the system comes online, then the power will drop off; wash, rinse, repeat every 5-6 sec until I kill house power at the main for a second or two, then re-energize.
My initial thought on this was both ACs were trying to start at the same time causing an over-draw situation and the gen dropping the load. I have yet to confirm this, however, as it's so infrequent.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-04-2016, 02:13 PM   #2

I have encountered something similar to this... Slightly different in that I started the Genny manually, but had left the rig with both AC units on 'cool'. After the 20 second delay when the power is engaged, it had issues.

I did not let it do it more than once... and shut off one of the AC units for about a minute, then kicked it back on - I have not encountered it since, as I always start the Genny with both AC units in the 'off' setting when switching to / from Shore or Gen power sources.
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote