Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2018, 03:36 PM   #1

Power supply to install Fantastic fan in Redhawk 26D

I would like to install a fantastic fan in Greyhawk 26D at roof vent over back bed. Looking for a 12 v supply near by.
klirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:45 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by klirg View Post
I would like to install a fantastic fan in Greyhawk 26D at roof vent over back bed. Looking for a 12 v supply near by.

Mine was not a Fantastic fan, but the one that was originally in the bathroom. I mounted it above the bed and added a pull chain switch to it so DW could reach it. The 12VDC power came from the ceiling light that is about 4' away. It has direct 12 volt power to it so I tapped into the hot wire and the negative wire and ran it to the fan. Has been working great for the last 4 years.

Don
My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #3

I just completed Maxx Air fan install in our 26XD Redhawk. I think it is the same floor plan as your Greyhawk. I couldn't find an unswitched 12V power source anywhere close to the bedroom vent. I ended up pulling power from the trunk/compartment light under the bedroom slide. I pulled the wires in and forward through the existing chase to the closet, then up to the ceiling. Then using beige Wire Mold from Home Depot, ran the wires along the ceiling, next to the wall to a 90 degree turn straight over to the vent. Spent some time blending the wire mold with the fan bezel trim.

Kind of time consuming, but actually ended up looking very good. It passed my DW's critical 'must be pretty regardless of functionality' test with flying colors.

A note, if you use the wire mold product, prepare the surface with 3M adhesion promoter before installation.

Good luck with your project.

Forgot to mention, this put my fan on the circuit that powers both the trunk light and the awning, DC fuse #9 in my case. 15 amp circuit, so no worries about overload.
MikeUSNRet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:14 PM   #4

It is actually a Redhawk. The light in the storage compartment for a source seems the way to go. Thanks a lot.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:16 PM   #5

That's good to know, Should be same
Old 06-21-2018, 08:19 PM   #6

Send an email to Jayco along with your VIN and ask for the wiring diagram, some static openings have power near by tucked in the ceiling which the drawing would show.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #7

Thanks for the info