Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2018, 07:55 AM   #1

precision circuits ac load management panel

does anyone have any hands on experience with this service panel? i have a 29ds with 2 ac's and 30 amp power.

has anyone experienced ac devices being "shed" by this service panel?

does anyone know how to restore "shed" devices back to an in-service condition?

thanks much.

p.s.: apparently, no documentation on this system is provided to the customer either by jayco or the dealer. also, it seems jayco tech support nor ANY rv dealers know anything about how this system works
charley patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:13 AM   #2

We also have 30amp service and two airs...the system your talking about works to prevent overloading the system.

Lets say if you have both airs on and turn on the microwave...the system will shut down one of the airs until the microwave stops. It does this automatically.

There is a button on the front and a led screen for selecting the power source. If you have 15 amp, 20 amp, or 30 amp. Selecting say 15 amp will make the unit shed more stuff quicker.

It works great...we don't even notice if it sheds say the electric hot water heater or the electric setting on the frig when we turn on both airs because it returns those when the airs are not running.

Found this on their website which might help explain it better:

Overview: Fully automatic Power Control System which requires little to no user interface. The display is there
to help the RV user understand power management and the function of the Midi-PCS. The Midi-PCS
monitors the total AC current of an RV and prevents circuit breaker tripping by momentarily shedding up to five
loads. As the user turns on additional appliances (such as a microwave, coffee pot, or hair dryer), the MidiPCS
can shed the loads that it controls, (such as the water heater & air conditioner). As the user’s selected
appliances are turned off, and a minimum of 2 minutes has expired, the Midi-PCS will automatically turn power
back on each of the shed loads in reverse sequence, . The Midi-PCS will constantly monitor 120VAC RV
power and shed and restore power to the five controlled loads. The display panel has all the brains, a data
connector to the I/O module, and an additional connector to control the air conditioners through low voltage
signals. The I/O Module houses a current sensor, two relays to control 120VAC powered appliances, and
Service Type detect circuitry.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:25 AM   #3

Sounds like an amazing system....which become an amazing headache at some point in the future LOL

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:38 AM   #4

thanks for the info. my panel caused problems. it shed both ac's and the refrigerator. they DID NOT automatically restore. i'm having some sort of wiring harness sent to me to replace what must be a defective component(s). my question : is this a hands-free system that is supposed to shed devices and AUTOMATICALLY restore itself w/o intervention? your response seems to indicate that that is the way it's supposed to work. do you know how to restore shed devices if it does not do so automatically?

thanks
Old 04-25-2018, 01:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
thanks for the info. my panel caused problems. it shed both ac's and the refrigerator. they DID NOT automatically restore. i'm having some sort of wiring harness sent to me to replace what must be a defective component(s). my question : is this a hands-free system that is supposed to shed devices and AUTOMATICALLY restore itself w/o intervention? your response seems to indicate that that is the way it's supposed to work. do you know how to restore shed devices if it does not do so automatically?

thanks
Charley...it is fully automatic. It does take up to 2 minutes to restore power after shedding and enough power returns to allow air conditioning compressors pressures to lower. Ours has been flawless and one of those really nice things to have (as long as it’s working properly)!

Sounds to me like yours is defective.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #6

Does anyone know where the amp meter torroid is located? My panel is reading zero amp draw despite running the AC and fridge on a 15 amp circuit. It worked up until about two weeks ago. Can’t seem to find the device measuring the amp draw
hussieskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:51 AM   #7

there's a sensor ring behind the ac circuit panel. i had camping world service replace the ring after receiving a replacement in the mail from precision circuits. that fixed my problem. it took about an hour for them to do the work required.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #8

Thanks charley. You mean behind the Precision Ciruit display panel, correct? How quickly did precision circuits respond?
Old 07-20-2018, 10:46 AM   #9

no. it's behind your ac circuit panel, wherever that is in your coach. mine is under the bed. you can't hardly get to it. i'm told you have to take the circuit breaker panel apart somehow. it's a job!
Old 07-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #10

Ok, thanks. I’ll poke around this weekend and see if I can avoid damaging anything during my inspection. Thanks!!
Old 07-27-2018, 07:54 AM   #11

No luck finding the ammeter torroid device. I looked under the bed, behind the circuit breaker box (a pile of electric spaghetti in there) and didn't see it. Traced out the incoming power from the circuit panel, it disappears into the bowels of the beast, along a channel that I am unwilling to disassemble. I know that the ammeter is watching the neutral coming it. I thought maybe it would be near the incoming shore power cable, but no. It has to be located nearby where the shore power and generator power comes together. I just cannot find it.

Precision power trouble shooting guide says a "zero amp reading" could be due to two things, the neutral is not passing through the ammeter torroid or the data cable feeding the display panel has been dislodged at the panel or the monitoring device. Well, I can't find one (torroid) and the panel must have been installed before the refrigerator went in, because I cannot remove the panel from the wall...the display and main control board sandwich the wall they are mounted on.

Ugh. I consider this a safety issue, but neither Jayco or Precision Circuits have responded to my plea for help. Guess its a warranty issue that I take to the dealership in September -- after two planned extended trips. Worried that the panel reading "zero amps" won't know to shed devices if we pull too much current.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:08 AM   #12

Have you called and asked for Motorized customer service?
Old 07-27-2018, 09:07 PM   #13

http://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com/...o-02-27-17.pdf

The terminal block is located under the bed.
JDPEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPEagle View Post

Thanks for this wiring diagram...future help if needed. I will print this pdf and place it in my paperwork.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Have you called and asked for Motorized customer service?
I had to leave a message. They have not called me back. On the list to call them today.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDPEagle View Post

I had this diagram in hand as I looked under the bed and behind the fuse/breaker box. I traced out every wire from the breaker panel, and could not find where they collected near the ammeter.