Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2020, 03:08 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Absolutely. Gives complete darkness and privacy, yet leaves full access to the whole dashboard and radio. Plus, if we're in a site more than one day, we'll drop one side to let some light in.

I'm glad I went this route versus the exterior cover that you throw over the windshield. To deal with a dirty or wet cover when packing to leave would be a PIA.
Good to know! Very much appreciate the reply.

I am picking up my 29MV on Thursday and think I will go this route. I pretty much figured that the curtain that hangs between the cabin and cab would not be ideal when the seats are turned around so I will likely get this ordered before one of our initial trips.
TravelinTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #42
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinTim View Post
Good to know! Very much appreciate the reply.

I am picking up my 29MV on Thursday and think I will go this route. I pretty much figured that the curtain that hangs between the cabin and cab would not be ideal when the seats are turned around so I will likely get this ordered before one of our initial trips.

That's exactly why I got the Roadpro. The Jayco provided curtain went behind the two front seats when they face forward. Problem is, when I swivel the seats to the back, the curtain lays in your lap. Plus, if you want privacy with their curtain, the upper bunk needs to be flipped closed. Since it's just the two of us, we leave that open to make it easier to get to the front. This leaves a big open hole that the Jayco curtain doesn't cover.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:53 PM   #43

Ford e-series van & motorhome sunshade e-150 e-250 e-350 e-450

Does it gap? Do you still need a curtain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbeyer View Post
Go out on Google and look up Ford e450 Windshield sun screen. You'll see an image for High End Motorsports. They sell a windshield and side window set of sun screens custom cut to fit the Jayco Class C with the Ford E450 Chassis. It costs about $79 and it's worth it.

I purchased a set and it provides excellent privacy.

Good Luck
Lynnierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:53 PM   #44

That's what we use and it blocks most light and keeps it cool during the summer. And we also use the curtain to close off the cab. My wife and I don't want to see the cab until we're ready to leave the campground. We never use the head unit (we use a bluetooth speaker) so there's no reason to access the cab.