Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #1
Lost in the Woods

Privacy curtain for around the windshield

I've been searching for a privacy curtain that will wrap around the windshield inside without any luck. My coach came with a curtain that velcros behind the two front seats, but my front seats swivel to face the rear, and this curtain will block being able to do that.

I rented a Chateau last year that had velcro attachments around the front doors and windshield to hold the curtain. It worked fine and also gave us access to the stereo in the dashboard, which I want to do now.

I ordered some inside sunshades, so I'll see how they work. Does anyone know a source where I can order a wrap around curtain for a Class C?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #2

Go out on Google and look up Ford e450 Windshield sun screen. You'll see an image for High End Motorsports. They sell a windshield and side window set of sun screens custom cut to fit the Jayco Class C with the Ford E450 Chassis. It costs about $79 and it's worth it.

I purchased a set and it provides excellent privacy.

Good Luck
billbeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbeyer View Post
You'll see an image for High End Motorsports. They sell a windshield and side window set of sun screens custom cut to fit the Jayco Class C with the Ford E450 Chassis. It costs about $79 and it's worth it.

I purchased a set and it provides excellent privacy.
Thanks for the feedback. I actually was out searching late last night and saw that exact one. I did order it, thinking it would make a good sunshade to block heat, but wasn't sure about the gaps around the edges as a privacy curtain. I'll be interested to see how well they fit.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:32 PM   #4

Windshield Cover

I purchased an external windshield cover for my 2017 Greyhawk which is the Ford E450 chassis. It works great at heat reduction and privacy. It wraps completely around the side windows and over the windshield. Magnets hold the lower side cover to the door while an elastic strap holds it to the top of the door. Velcro straps hold it to the side mirrors.

Do a search for ADCO 2407.
Attached Thumbnails
Cover.JPG  
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:16 AM   #5

We have the internal shades from HeatShield[store.com] that has eliminated the need for the tedious-to-install privacy curtain. The shades are also used when the Seneca is in storage. They're a bit expensive and now I need to rehab the suction cups on the side shades now that it has been a few years. That external cover looks like a good alternative if the price is right.
pokergeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
I purchased an external windshield cover for my 2017 Greyhawk which is the Ford E450 chassis. It works great at heat reduction and privacy. It wraps completely around the side windows and over the windshield. Magnets hold the lower side cover to the door while an elastic strap holds it to the top of the door. Velcro straps hold it to the side mirrors.

2407 fits perfectly on a e450. Covers it completely and helps with the heat.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:49 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

I saw those exterior windshield covers, and at first, thought it would be a good solution. But I wondered about when you take them off, being wet or dirty, now you have to find a place to store it.

The other thing, wifey likes to peek out occasionally to see what's going on. With the exterior cover, that can't happen. With a internal curtain, she can fulfill her nosiness, then close the curtain.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post

The other thing, wifey likes to peek out occasionally to see what's going on. With the exterior cover, that can't happen. With a internal curtain, she can fulfill her nosiness, then close the curtain.
My wife is more concerned with the opposite. She is paranoid about someone peeking in. With the outside one that is possible but with a properly fitted inside it is not.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post

+2 on Adco. Works fine. After 3 years the velco bit is starting to get thin, but it still works fine and it is on the coach probably 300 our of 365 days in weather from 105 to -10. Only issue I have ever had is when we get our blustery winds above 40 mph, the magnets can be pulled loose. I started folding in the mirrors and that appears to have fixed it.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #10

Purchased this https://www.high-end-motorsports.com...sun-shade.html for my 2009 Greyhawk 31SS, fits perfectly. Keeps the inside cooler in the summer. Previously had fabric curtain which was a PIA every time it was used.
rfkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:37 PM   #11

I also have the outside privacy curtain, it works very nicely.
Not changing the subject, but you're able to swivel your seats to face the rear? Was this original or an after market add-on? I would love to be able to swivel one of my front seats.
Jicama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:48 PM   #12
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfkurtz View Post
Purchased this https://www.high-end-motorsports.com...sun-shade.html for my 2009 Greyhawk 31SS, fits perfectly. Keeps the inside cooler in the summer. Previously had fabric curtain which was a PIA every time it was used.
I ordered that one and it's incoming.

I also saw and ordered this interior curtain on Amazon. It looks like it is normally for a truck cab, but application is similar, so I'll see how much of a pain it is to put up.

RoadPro RPCCDBL Dark Blue 2-Piece Deluxe Privacy Cab Curtain

https://www.amazon.com/RoadPro-RPCCD...dp/B001JSYGS4/
Old 04-21-2019, 07:53 PM   #13
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jicama View Post
I also have the outside privacy curtain, it works very nicely.
Not changing the subject, but you're able to swivel your seats to face the rear? Was this original or an after market add-on? I would love to be able to swivel one of my front seats.
My seats swivel to the rear as a factory item. But the curtain that came with the coach runs along the edge of the upper bunk, so it means that you have to tuck it behind the front seats when they are reversed (which kinda makes it drape on your head when sitting in the seat. And that still doesn't leave access to the radio.

There are aftermarket swivels you can order. I looked a 22SE originally, and that was going to be my first upgrade to install if I bought that unit. The 24B had that as a standard item.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfflyer View Post
My wife is more concerned with the opposite. She is paranoid about someone peeking in. With the outside one that is possible but with a properly fitted inside it is not.
NRA stickers on the outside window covers solves that problem as well...

And it's my wife who's packing :-)

M
lonestarrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:21 AM   #15

Same one as Jimmyd has...works great!
Attached Thumbnails
7926F5E0-604F-4E99-954C-1C0E4FCC3857.jpg  
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #16

My Jayco 31 DS came with an internal front cab curtain. I think it was factory issued. Works well. Perhaps you can order one from Jayco.

2013 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
2002 Honda Accord towed, ACME tow dolly
Northwest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Same one as Jimmyd has...works great!
Cabinetmaker, I do have the same windshield cover but apparently there are 2 of us with similar names here on the forum. I’m Jimmyd and the other is JimD. Hopefully we don’t share the same last name. . Jimmyd
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #18
Lost in the Woods

Update, I received the Roadpro Cab curtain that I mentioned above. I tried it out, it has a couple of elastic hooks built on around the top that I hooked on around the visor and upper trim to hold it up. I can drape it up on the dashboard so I can get access to the radio and even run the chassis A/C, if needed, without blocking the vents.

Looks like it will do the trick. Plus, it's in two pieces that overlap in the middle, so I don't have to wrestle with one big curtain trying to hang it.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:00 PM   #19

Searched for a link to your information on Ford windshield cover from High End Motorsports but no luck. Any possibility of providing a link?
jkkinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:23 PM   #20
Lost in the Woods

This one?

https://www.high-end-motorsports.com...sun-shade.html