Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2022, 06:20 AM   #1

Privacy Curtain for Over Cab Bunk

Hi all, We have a 2020 Redhawk SE 27N. We are looking for a privacy curtain for the overhead cab bunk. To be clear not one to stop someone from looking in the cab windows but to given some privacy to the person in the overhead. Any thoughts?
Mabenha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 05:49 PM   #2

Our Entegra came with an over cab bunk curtain. I can post a pic of it if that would help give ideas. Maybe one could be bought from an RV parts retailer.

We added a curtain across the bedroom entry area to block light. Used a small diameter curtain rod and mounted it to the ceiling, with some modification to the mounts (meant for wall mount).

I think "something" would be mounted to the ceiling; from simple velcro, to a curtain rod, to an actual RV bunk curtain.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 06:45 PM   #3

I believe these are standard on the Greyhawks but are not available on our Redhawks. You might be able to buy one from a Jayco dealer. This is what i was told when I bought my 2020 Redhawk 26XD.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:56 PM   #4

Thanks! We have a few ideas for DIY, just wondering if there were any purpose built options.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsouce View Post
I believe these are standard on the Greyhawks but are not available on our Redhawks. You might be able to buy one from a Jayco dealer. This is what i was told when I bought my 2020 Redhawk 26XD.
Thanks, I will check with a Jayco dealer.
Old 07-18-2022, 05:53 PM   #6
Site Team

The curtain on our TT runs along a plastic track screwed to the ceiling, the curtain has sliders sewn into the upper edge.

The DW made a curtain for our last pop up. I bought an aluminum I beam style track, screwed it to the roof, and used little roller things on the curtain.

Both of these styles work well, if you have a fabric store nearby, and a sewing machine. I have an idea even the aluminum track could be formed into a gentle curve if necessary.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:58 PM   #7

I have a 2022 Redhawk 26M and I just ordered a black tension rod that spans the length of the cab. For added security, I screwed some small cup hooks into the wooden trim along the roofline and attached the rod with small cable ties. 2 sets of grey black out curtains, a pr. Of grey tiebacks and some Command hooks and all done.
redhawkwidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 11:30 PM   #8

Per Jflightrisk, I ordered the plastic track that is standard on Jayco Whitehawks. I fastened the track to the ceiling and and was able to actually put a curve in. It was a very easy installation, took less than 5 minutes. The track was $12.00 for 8'.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 04:04 PM   #9

On the Redhawk, I feel the manufacturers/designers just sort of dropped the ball on a few things that would have left the unit feeling more complete. Such as an overhead privacy curtain. They provided so many privacy shades but not for the OH cab.

I am getting a track system from Amazon. There are many to choose from. I am going to choose my own fabric, something that will create privacy but still breathes because it is already the warmest up in the cab. I don't have a sewing machine right now, so I will probably hem the curtain with iron on fusing. I plan to change the other privacy curtains to match. The current putty colored ones are just meh.
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote